Job Title: Head of New Business Development.
Job Location: Lagos.
Employment Type: Full Time
Apply Before: Not Specified.
The Company: Jumia Group is a leading global incubator of start-ups. We started operating in Africa in 2012 and since then have launched multiple successful companies, such as Jumia, Jumia Market, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs, Jumia Car, Jumia Services.
- As the Head of New Business Development, you will be responsible for planning, driving implementation, and implementing continuity plans for new business initiatives and transformational / strategic projects for the company.
- Initiation and completion of new programs.
- Identify strategic partner prospects, prepare and participate in negotiations, analyze suggested terms, and manage relationships from start to finish.
- Drive consensus within the Jumia’s leadership team on overall strategy, roadmap and deliverables.
- Work with regional sales manager and local sales to formulate a strategy and implement a plan of action with local and overseas teams to attack potential business
- Become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in selected markets to drive overall corporate strategy for addressing key markets. The successful candidate will continue to build expertise with continued internal and external education and collaboration with industry experts.
- Help increase the company portfolio and maintain a strong new product pipeline.
- Acting as both the sales lead and portfolio owner, liaise and direct all necessary resources in place to convert the sale.
- Organize conferences and social events that give the company captive access to customers in an attempt to build rapport.
Qualification & Experience
- A Degree in Business, Commerce or any Strategy related field
- 6+ years of experience in Category Management, Business Development, or Partner Management within ecommerce or technology sectors
- Strong presentation, sales, and negotiation skills
- A proven track record in taking ownership, driving results and moving with speed to implement ideas in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated track record of winning/establishing strategic relationships with enterprise customers/partners and/or brand owners
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to remain calm under tension and pressure
- Flexible, action and results oriented
- Avid internet user with strong computer skills
- Team player
- Ability to meet targets
How to Apply:
*Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply online