Job Title: IT Service Desk Supervisor.
Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria.
Department: Information Technology.
Reporting Line: IT Technical Support Manager.
Apply Before: Not Specified.
The Company:MainOne’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business
- The Service Desk Supervisor’s role is to ensure that end users are receiving the appropriate assistance. This includes the responsibility of managing all procedures related to identification, prioritization and resolution of incidents, including the monitoring, tracking and coordination of Service Desk functions.
- The Service Desk Supervisor is also responsible for planning, designing, and analyzing the organization’s service desk according to best practices, while ensuring high levels of customer service quality and availability.
- This individual will recommend, develop, implement, and oversee policies and procedures to ensure consistent service levels and quick resolutions.
- The Service Desk Supervisor is also responsible for service process design, performance analysis, and developing proactive resolution plans.
- The Service Desk Supervisor will also contribute to escalated problem resolution by giving in-person, hands-on support to end users where necessary.
- Manage the processing of incoming calls to the Service Desk via both telephone and e-mail to ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution of end user issues.
- Develop and enforce request handling and escalation policies and procedures.
- Track and analyze trends in Help Desk requests and generate statistical reports.
- Assess need for any system reconfigurations (minor or significant) based on request trends and make recommendations.
- Identify, recommend, develop and implement end user training programs to increase computer literacy and self-sufficiency.
- Oversee development and communication of help sheets, usage guides and FAQs for end users.
- Oversee the development, implementation and administration of service desk staff training procedures and policies.
- Train, coach and mentor Service Desk Technicians and other junior staff.
- Manage the overall desk activities and staff.
- Contribute to escalated problem resolution by giving in-person, hands-on support to end users when necessary.
- Attend Change Advisor Board (CAB) meetings.
- Monitor incident trends and anticipate potential problems for proactive resolution.
Supervision: IT Technical Support Manager
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- B.Sc./HND in the field of computer science
- 3+ years’ work experience in IT service desk and support
- Certification in ITIL V3, MCSE/MCSA
- Extensive application support experience in
- Extensive knowledge of computer hardware, including troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities, including […].
- Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including Win7,8.1, Windows 2008 server etc.
- Familiarity with the advanced principles of ITIL, ITSM
- Proven track record of developing and providing SLAs and Service Desk deliverables.
- Demonstrated progressive experience in the management of a technical support team.
- Understands OSI model and has knowledge of TCP/IP
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX ERP and SharePoint platform
Demand on the Job
- Solid relationship management and performance management skills.
- Ability to motivate and direct staff members and subordinates.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment.
How to Apply:
*Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: When the page opens, click on “IT Service Desk Supervisor”