Job Title: Stock / Freight Manager.
Job Location: Maiduguri, Borno.
Apply Before: 9th July, 2017.
The Company: For over 35 years, the humanitarian aid organization Solidarites International has been committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters. Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
Responsibilities and Tasks
The Stock and Freight Manager supervises the arrival, storage and shipping of food or non-food items, goods, tools and materials used by Solidarités International or under the responsibility of Solidarités International and stored in the partner warehouse:
- He/she is in charge of issuing and monitoring all of the administrative documents linked to the stored goods.
- The Stock and Freight Manager is responsible for the shipping and transportation of goods.
- He/she optimizes the transportation to bases, monitor the security and inform about delivery.
- He/she offers technical and organizational solutions for the optimization of freight and the reduction of running costs.
List of Principal Activities
- Storage and stocked materials
- Monitor the warehouse’s interior and exterior installations and infrastructures. Good storage condition
- Spot damage and alert the line manager.
- Verify product quality on delivery. Set aside any non-compliant or infested products and report them to the line Manager
- Regularly check product quality during storage.
- Warehouse management
- Organize the stock request (in/out) and link with the warehouse partner according to partner’s standards.
- Participate to each loading/unloading of cargo at the warehouse.
- Fill in the shipping or delivery documents in compliance with Solidarités International’s standards
- Ensure good coordination with the procurement manager to organize reception of cargo.
- Transporters follow up
- Participate to transporters identification, help in costs and contracts negotiations for truck rentals
- Monitor trucks good conditions, equipment (tools, fire extinguisher, …)
- Ensure the administrative documents for all trucks are available, filed and monitore
- Collect all freight request forms from bases and organize the cargo movement.
- Organize and provide feedbacks on cargo schedule
- Ensure proper cargo loading and transport documents (waybill, order mission, military clearance …)
- Link with partner warehouse for cargo movement
- Request and Collect security clearance from appropriate office for cargos organized by SI
- Ensure follow up of the SI cargo movement. Report all incidents to the line manager
- Confirm the road security authorizing a movement
- Prepare inventory reports and forward them to the line supervisor
- Keep the stock forms updated (soft and hard copies)
- Take a monthly inventory of stored goods and materials and reconcile it with the theoretical inventory
Organisational Chart Position
- Line Manager: Deputy Logistics Coordinator
- Functional Manager:
- Functional Report:
- Line Manager of:
- Functional Link with: log base, head of base, logistic coordinator, procurement manager
- Training: Academic degree such as Bachelor in Logistics, Transport, Storage or equivalent
- Languages: English, Kanuri, Haussa is a plus
- IT skills: microsoft software practise (word, Excel)
- Professional experience: stock and fleet management, in transportation. experience with NGO is a plus,
- Personal qualities: dynamic, organized, methodical, team spirit, managerial skills, meticulous.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application (CV, Cover Letter, Photocopies of Diplomas, Certificates of employment etc.) by email to: email@example.com
Submit your application (CV, Cover Letter, Photocopies of Diplomas, Certificates of employment etc.) for the attention of “Mushahid Ibne RAIHAN BABU, Logistic Coordinator” at the address below:
Solidarites International Office,
8 Manassa Street,
Behind Polo ground,
Note: Title of the related position must be written in the envelope or in the email subject.