Job Title: Retail Sales Associate.
Job Location: Lagos.
Apply Before: Not Specified.
The Company: Deola Sagoe is a fashion visionary with a unique approach to her craft that has endeared her to fans and followers all over the world. Using African fabrics, hand-woven materials, and contemporising almost-lost traditional African techniques, Deola designs present a unique vision and attitude for the modern woman.
- We are seeking a result-driven professional with outstanding selling skills to join our team as Retail Sales Associate.
- The person in this position will be responsible for all sales job duties, from generating leads to closing sales.
- The Retail Sales Associate’s responsibilities will include working closely with customers to determine their needs, answer their questions about our products and recommend the right solutions.
- This person should also be able to promptly resolve customer complaints and ensure maximum client satisfaction.
- Stay up-to-date with product features and maintain our showroom’s visual appearance in high standards.
- Ultimately, you will ensure to achieve excellent customer service while consistently meeting the showroom’s sales targets.
Key Elements of the Role
- Report to the Head, Sales
- Act as the first port of call while welcoming customers to the showroom and answer their queries
- “Go the extra mile” to drive sales
- Be in constant communication with prospective customers via cold calls, warm calls, networking events and the use of social media with the goal of generating sales
- Utilize existing customer and resources to network and build customer referrals
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales service
- Assess customers’ needs and provide assistance and information on product features
- Follow and achieve department’s sales targets on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
- Maintain in-stock and presentable condition assigned areas
- Actively seek out customers in showroom
- Remain knowledgeable on products offered and discuss available options
- Process POS (point of sale) purchases
- Cross sell products
- Handle returns of merchandise
- Team up with other departments to ensure proper customer service
- Build productive trust relationships with customers
- Comply with inventory control procedures
- Suggest ways to improve sales (e.g. planning marketing activities, changing the showroom’s design)
- Liaise with customers and in house design/development teams in order to develop seasonal ranges
- Providing customers with accurate and timely sampling, costing, lead-time and delivery Information as needed working with the head office production team
- Identify potential new customers/markets in association with Head of Design and Product Development to develop business
- Identify key trends in association with Design and Production teams
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree/HND in Business Administration, Marketing or any other relevant discipline with 3 years proven work experience as a Retail Sales Associate, Sales Representative or similar role
- knowledge of International fashion business practices and procedures
- Business acumen and understanding of the retail products and business cycle
- Basic understanding of sales principles and customer service practices
- Proficiency in English and basic Math skills
- Working knowledge of customer and market dynamics and requirements
- Track record of over-achieving sales targets
- Hands-on experience with POS transactions
- Familiar with inventory procedures (FIFO, LIFO, etc)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A friendly and energetic personality with customer service focus
- Ability to perform under pressure and address complaints in a timely manner
- Ability to work long hours
- Ability to coordinate external partners
- Excellent poise, presence, and presentation skills
- Self-starter with mature analytical skills and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to handle people, processes and products
- Innovative and forward thinking, with a track record of executing new ideas
- Excellent organisational skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Good problem solving and decision making skills
- Good negotiation and persuasion skills
- Experience in the use of ERP
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Outlook and Excel
Compensation & Benefits
- N1m – N1.2m (Gross Annual Income)
- Medical Insurance
- Pension Contribution
- Telephone Allowance
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org.