Job Title: Data Science Analyst.
Job Location: Lagos.
Apply Before: Not Specified.
The Company: StartCredits is a dynamic, high-growth financial technology organization. Our commitment to quality continues to propel our growth and success.
- This is a unique opportunity to join a new, multidisciplinary team of creative and passionate individuals destined to change the face of lending in Nigeria.
- We are focused on the company’s agenda, and work on high-impact projects utilizing big data analytics and machine learning to improve credit decisions in Nigeria.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will advocate, evangelize and build data-fuelled products that help our customers reduce their loan impairments.
- You will provide insight into leading analytic practices, design and lead iterative learning and development cycles, and ultimately help to identify drivers of loan default in Nigeria.
- You will work with cross-functional team members to identify and prioritize actionable, high-impact insights across a variety of core business areas. You will research, design, implement and validate cutting-edge algorithms to analyze diverse sources of data to achieve targeted outcomes.
Who we’re looking for:
- You have a Master’s Degree in operations research, applied statistics, data mining, machine learning, economics, finance or a related quantitative discipline.
- You have a deep understanding of statistical and predictive modeling concepts, machine-learning approaches, clustering and classification techniques, and recommendation and optimization algorithms.
- You solve complex analytical problems using quantitative approaches with your unique blend of analytical, mathematical and technical skills.
- You are able to analyze large, complex, multi-dimensional datasets with a variety of tools.
- You are accomplished in the use of statistical analysis environments such as Excel VBA, R, MATLAB, SPSS, or Python.
- Great communication skills (written and verbal), an analytical results orientated mentality and the ability to work with others as part of a team are expected.
How to Apply:
*Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online