Job Title: General Managers (West Africa).
Job Location: Lagos.
Apply Before: Not Specified.
The Company: Uber started out to solve a simple problem: the need to get a ride across town. Six years and one billion trips later, we’ve stumbled upon something a bit bigger: a new way to help tackle congestion – one of the most serious challenges cities face today.
- The core of Uber is in the city team, led by a General Manager. They make the magic that makes Uber a reality. It’s a big deal, and the qualities and capabilities required of an Uber GM mean you are an incredibly intelligent, talented and highly sought-after professional. Sound like you?
- The General Manager is by far the most demanding position Uber has to offer; it requires such a degree of talent, guts and leadership that the right person is difficult to find. As the leader of West Africa you will be responsible for the development and growth of our business across this region.
- As a GM, you are responsible for owning the markets, operational excellence, rider and driver experience, and extending the Uber brand to the masses through cross collaboration amongst internal teams – marketing, supply chain management, political engagement, service quality management, social media, PR. Continual improvement and a quality focus are the name of the game. We believe in solving local problems with local solutions, so understanding your market and delivering custom messages is important. This is where creativity meets analytics head on.
- And it’s the cross of the analytical with the creative that makes the Uber GM an incredibly difficult job to fill. If you’re potentially one of the truly rare, gifted Uber GMs, we want to hear from you!
- Lead the team in growing revenue and ridership
- Coach and scale our large and ever-growing team of marketers and operations specialists
- Manage the market P&L
- Initiate creative local marketing strategies and user growth campaigns
- Represent Uber at regional events and with regional & international PR
- Manage regional regulatory concerns and regional politics
- Communicate product/process needs to HQ, work with product/engineering to deliver on them
- Help scale our other cities through developing and sharing best practices
- 10+ years of general management experience
- Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- Creative solutions driven mindset, with a get shit done attitude
- Stellar networking skills and the ability to make smart partnerships happen
- Entrepreneurial DNA and fearlessness of a honey-badger
- MBA strongly preferred
- Executive opportunity with a large team and a large market; shape the strategic direction of the company
- The rare chance to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
- Employees are given Uber credits every month
How to Apply:
*Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online