Lilygate Hotel is an amazing experience located on the Lekki Peninsula, Victoria Island in Lagos state, south-west Nigeria, is currently seeking to employ suitable and qualified candidates for the following vacant positions below:
- Front Office Manager
- Demi Chef De Partie
- Control Room Officer
*Job Title: Demi Chef De Partie
- As a Demi Chef De Partie (DCDP) you are responsible supporting the Head and Sous Chef in a busy hotel kitchen delivering consistent high quality food, handle purchase orders and ensure that items arriving without authorization are not received.
- Ensures the highest standards and consistent quality in the daily preparation and keeps up to date with the new products, recipes and preparation techniques.
Demi Chef de Partie Duties and Responsibilities
- Takes care of daily food preparation and duties assigned through the superiors to meet the standard and the quality set by the Restaurant.
- Follows the instructions and recommendations from the immediate superiors to complete the daily tasks.
- Coordinates daily tasks with the Sous Chef.
- Responsible to supervise junior chefs or commis.
- Able to estimate the daily production needs and checking the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Ensure that the production, preparation and presentation of food are of the highest quality at all times.
- Ensure highest levels of guest satisfaction, quality, operating and food costs on an ongoing basis.
- Knowledge of all standard procedures and policies pertaining to food preparation, receiving, storage and sanitation.
- Full awareness of all menu items, their recipes, methods of production and presentation standards.
- Follows good preservation standards for proper handling of all food products at right temperature.
- Operate and maintain all department equipment and reporting of malfunctioning.
- Ensure effective communication between staff by maintaining a secure and friendly working environment.
- Establishing and maintaining effective inter-departmental working relationships.
- Have excellent knowledge into menu creation, whilst maintaining quality and controlling costs in a volume food business.
- Personally responsible for hygiene, safety and correct use of equipment and utensils.
- Ability to produce own work in accordance with a deadline and to assist and encourage others in achieving this aim.
- Checks periodically expiry dates and proper storage of food items in the section.
- Consults daily with Sous Chef and Executive chef on the daily requirements, functions and also about any last minute events.
- Guides and trains the subordinates on a daily basis to ensure high motivation and economical working environment.
- Should be able to set example to others for personal hygiene and cleanliness on and off duty.
- Daily feedback collection and reporting of issues as they arise.
- Assess quality control and adhere to hotels service standards.
- Carry out any other duties as required by management.
- A high standard of spoken and written English.
- Flexible working hours subject to the demands of the business.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Excellent culinary catering talent.
- Hotel Management Graduate or Culinary Degree with minimum 3 years certification.
- At least 3 years’ experience cooking in a well-established restaurant or full service hotel and / or minimum of 1 year in a supervisory role.
*Job Title: Front Office Manager
Reports To: Managing Director or General Manager
- Directly supervises all front office personnel and ensures proper completion of all front office duties.
- Directs and coordinates the activities of the front desk, reservations, guest services, and telephone areas.
- Prepare monthly reports and budget for front office department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Trains, cross – trains, and retrains all front office personnel.
- Participates in the selection of front office personnel.
- Schedules the front office staff.
- Supervises workload during shifts.
- Evaluates the job performance if each front office employee.
- Maintains working relationships and communicates with all departments.
- Maintains master key control.
- Verifies that accurate room status information is maintained and properly communicated.
- Resolves guest problems quickly, efficiently, and courteously.
- Updates group information. Maintains, monitors, and prepares group requirements. Relays information to appropriate personnel.
- Reviews and completes credit limit report.
- Works within the allocated budget for the front office.
- Receives information from the previous shift manger and passes on pertinent details to the oncoming manager.
- Checks cashiers in and out and verifies banks and deposits at the end of each shift.
- Enforces all cash-handling, check-cashing, and credit policies.
- Conducts regularly scheduled meetings of front office personnel.
- Wears the proper uniform at all times. Requires all front office employees to wear proper uniforms at all times.
- Upholds the hotel’s commitment to hospitality.
- Prepare performance reports related to front office.
- Maximize room revenue and occupancy by reviewing status daily. Analyse rate variance, monitor credit report and maintain close observation of daily house count. Monitor selling status of house daily. I.e flash report, allowance etc.
- Monitor high balance guest and take appropriate action.
- Ensure implementation of all hotel policies and house rules.
- Operate all aspects of Front Office computer system, including software maintenance, report generation and analysis, and simple configuration changes.
- Prepare revenue and occupancy forecasting.
- Ensure logging and delivery of all messages, packages, and mail in a timely and professional manner.
- Ensure that employees are, at all times, attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests managers and other employees.
- Monitor all V.I.P’s special guests and requests.
- Maintain required pars of all front office and stationary supplies.
- Review daily front office work and activity reports generated by Night Audit.
- Review Front office log book and Guest feedback forms on a daily basis.
- Maintain an organised and comprehensive filing system with documentation of purchases, vouchering, schedules, forecasts, reports and tracking logs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Strong Leadership abilities and organizational skills, Entrepreneurial, thinks out of the box and Able to drive change and look for operational efficiencies / synergies across the network.
- Minimum 2 years College Degree.
- Must be able to read, speak, write, and understand the primary language used in the workplace.
- Minimum 5 to 10 years of experience of which at least three year of hotel front desk supervisory experience, experience handling cash, accounting procedures, and general administrative tasks.
- Extensive knowledge of Opera.
*Job Title: Receptionist
- Represents the hotel to the guest throughout all stages of the guest’s stay. Determinates a guest’s reservation status and identifies how long the guest will stay. Helps guests complete registration cards and then assigns rooms, accommodating special requests whenever possible.
- Verifies the guest’s method of payment and follows established credit-checking procedures. Places guest and room information in the appropriate front desk racks and communicates this information to the appropriate hotel personnel.
- Works closely with the housekeeping department in the keeping room status reports up to date and coordinates requests for maintenance and repair work. Maintains guest room key storage, and maintains and supervises access to safe deposit boxes.
- Must be sales-minded. Presents options and alternatives to guests and offers assistance in making choices. Knows the location and types of available rooms as well as the activities and services of the property. Performs cashiering tasks like bill / invoice settlement, posting charges to the guest, paid out’s , Foreign currency exchange etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Register guests and assigns rooms. Accommodates special requests whenever possible.
- Assists in preregistration and blocking of rooms for reservations.
- Thoroughly understand and adheres to proper credit, check- cashing, and cash handling policies and procedures.
- Understands room status and room status tracking.
- Knows room locations, types of rooms available, and room rates.
- Uses suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel.
- Coordinates room status updates with the housekeeping department by notification housekeeping of all check outs, late checkouts, early chek-ins, special requests, and day use rooms.
- Possesses a working knowledge of the reservations department. Takes same day reservations and future reservations when necessary. Knows cancellation procedures.
- File room keys ( only for manual room key hotels)
- Knows how to use front office equipment.
- Process guest check-outs.
- Performing cashier related functions like posting charges to guest accounts, raising paid out’s, currency exchange,
- Follows procedures for issuing and closing safe deposit boxes used by guests.
- Uses proper telephone etiquette.
- Uses proper mail, package, and message handling procedures.Courier Mail Register
- Reads and initials the pass-on log and bulletin board daily. Is aware of daily activities and meetings taking place in the hotel.
- Attends department meetings.
- Reports any unusual occurrences or requests to the manager or assistant manager.
- Knows all safety and emergency procedures, Is aware of accident prevention policies.
- Maintains the cleanliness and neatness of the front desk area.
- Understand that business demands sometimes make it necessary to move employees from their accustomed shift to other shifts.
- Education: High school graduate or equivalent. Must speak, read. Write, and understand English language.
- Experience: Previous hotel-related experience desired.
- Physical: Requires fingering, grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, hearing, visual acuity.
*Job Title: Waiter
- Ensure that all guests are served to the hotels standard in the Restaurant / Bar / Lounge areas.
- Display highest standards of hospitality and welcome are demonstrated at all times within all food and beverage areas.
- Takes orders for, serves (where applicable, prepares) food and beverages to guests as per the hotels standards in a friendly, timely and efficient manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Greets guests and presents them with the menu.
- Informs guests about the special items for the day and menu changes if any.
- Suggest food and beverages to the guest and also try to upsell.
- Take food and beverage orders from the guest on the order taking pads or on the handheld Point of sale (POS) system (MICROS).
- Obtaining revenues, issuing receipts, accepting payments, returning the change.
- Performing basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisor.
- Filling in for absent staff as needed
- Punch the order on the POS machine and make sure to enter the special requirements made by the guest while ordering the food. Eg: No Garlic, less spicy etc., without egg etc.
- Communicate to the guest and provide assistance with their queries.
- Co – ordinate with the bus person, kitchen staff, bar staff to ensure smooth operation and guest satisfaction.
- Serve food and beverage to the guest as per the course of order.
- Observes guests and ensure their satisfaction with the food and service.
- Promptly respond to guest with any additional request.
- Maintaining proper dining experience, delivering items, fulfilling customer needs, offering desserts and drinks, removing courses, replenishing utensils, refilling glasses.
- Prepare mixed drinks for service to your customers table.
- Properly open and pour wine at the tableside.
- Adhere to grooming and appearance standards consistently.
- Understands and can communicate products and services available at the resort.
- Must have some familiarity with basic cooking skills.
- Assist buspersons with stocking and maintain the restaurant par stock levels and side station.
- Help other areas of the restaurant such as answering telephones and completing financial transactions.
- Print closing report and drop the cash with the front office / accounts department.
- Tally the Credit Card settlements for the day with the batch closing report from EDC machine.
- Close the shift on the POS terminal.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous serving experience required.
- Excellent oral communication skills required.
- Positive interpersonal skills required.
- Can handle local language and English
*Job Title: Control Room Officer
- As a Control Room Officer, you will coordinate security activities at the location, assist in access control through closed circuit television (CCTV) monitoring, serve as communications center for security operations, and maintain constant monitoring of the alarm systems. Lighting requests are often taken after hours.
- You must take all lighting requests and provide lights to those that have requested them.
- You must also log all such requests on the lighting request sheet.
- Full access control
- Watch for irregular or unusual conditions that may create security concerns or safety hazards
- Sound alarms contact direct supervisor in cases of emergencies or presence of unauthorized persons
- Warn violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking or carrying forbidden articles
- Permit authorized persons to enter property and monitors entrances and exits
- Observe departing personnel to protect against theft of company property and ensure that authorized removal of property is conducted within appropriate client requirements
- Investigate and prepare reports on accidents, incidents, and suspicious activities. Maintain written logs as required by the post
- Provide assistance to customers, employees and visitors in a courteous and professional manner
- Multi computer use and functions of computers, phone systems, alarm systems, turn styles, handheld radios
The Ideal Candidate
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required:
- So what does it take to qualify for this great opportunity? We’re looking for professional detail-oriented individuals with a talent for effectively assessing/evaluating situations and identifying critical issues.
- Here’s the minimum you’ll need to be a successful Control Room Officer:
- A high School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to pass any State-required training or other qualifications for licensing
Closing Date: 30th June, 2017.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com