Job Title: Operations Officer.
Job Location: Lagos.
The Company: Fortune Global Shipping & Logistics Limited is a wholly owned Nigerian company with head office in Nigeria and operational offices in some West African countries. We specialize in the movement of goods nationally and internationally. Our core services include freight forwarding, custom clearance services, air freight services, intra logistics and transportation, warehousing, oil and gas logistics services etc. Our years of existence has witnessed rapid growth with accompanying national and international recognitions.
- The Operations officer will be responsible for all shipping operations ensuring that all shipments received are delivered to clients in good condition and in time
Candidate must be able to perform the following:
- Ensure that goods are cleared and delivered to customers following the company and industry standards alike
- Ensure that goods are cleared within agreed lead times from custom declaration and clearance of goods at Sea ports/Airports to final delivery
- Manages all customs clearance documentation as required related to the clearing of clients’ shipments.
- Keeps track of all shipments received, processed and delivered and gives daily updates to line manager.
- Work closely with the custom agents and all other regulatory bodies to ensure all compliance and regulatory requirements regarding shipments are met
- Process tariff duty permits with NPA and various shipping companies / terminals /ports
- Apply and get container refunds from shipping companies in time
- Follow up closely on customs clearance formalities and delivery
- Prepare daily progress report and send to the Line Manager on every shipment.
- Candidate must have a good knowledge of Shipping & Logistics industry as well as a degree in supply chain logistics or any other related discipline like shipping management.
- Must have at least a B.Sc or HND or OND in Shipping Management / Business Administration
- Must be computer literate
- Must have 4 – 5-year experience in similar field
- Must be conversant with all activities in clearing and forwarding within the industry
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills
- Excellent customer relationship
- Good team player
- Attention to details
Apply Before: 27th June, 2017.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s to: [email protected] The position been applied for should be the subject of the email.