Job Title: Retail Store Manager.
Job Location: Lagos.
The Company: Hubmart Stores Limited is a retail shopping chain of Nigerian heritage, offering multi-format stores in various locations and positioned to offer customers world-class shopping experience as well as a vast range of products. Our unique value proposition lies in our excellent customer service as well as our superior capabilities in the fresh categories.
- To provide our Customers the best Shopping Experience;
- To meet the expectations of our Stakeholders through a highly motivated team.
- Develops strategies to improve customer service, drive store sales, and increase profitability.
- Maintains store yearly steering wheel KPIs and engage all staff to contribute to store performance.
- Maintains store staff objectives and personal development plans by coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Identifies current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Follow and execute marketing strategies, price, promotions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintains operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Employee Management and Supervision:
- Ensuring the early/timely resumption of the employees – 15minutes before the start of their shift and their readiness for work before the start of their shift.
- Evaluate and correct where necessary employees’ grooming and appearance.
- Cross-check all the various roasters to team.
- Ensure the adherence of all the employees to the various roasters – shift roaster; off-duty roaster, leave roaster etc., maintained by the department.
- Cross-checking all staff planning/arrangements for weekends, public holidays and other important days.
- Ensure communication of all strategic information as passed by management to the employees through the team-leaders promptly and accurately.
- Hold regular briefings with team so as to orientate on new trends, discuss periodic targets and mandates, promos and promo updates and get feedback on work related issues from team.
- Ensure the enforcement of discipline in the shop by all Managers/chiefs.
- Confirm and approve all vacancies before recruitment is initiated.
- Confirm and approve all interviewed candidates before they are employed.
- Participate actively in the induction and training of new employees.
- Ensure that the change of shifts is well coordinated by the Departmental Manager and chiefs so as to prevent disruptions in the service to customers.
- Ensuring adherence to other daily opening & closing procedures as stipulated for self and team.
- Employee performance management.
Hygiene, Health & Safety Management.
- Ensure employee’s compliance with company’s set standard on personal grooming.
- Ensure the company provided safety/protective clothes/uniforms and kits are worn in the right manner by all staff. Ensure dress kits and PPE (personal protective equipment) are used in line with laid down procedure – always wear gloves, caps, aprons, uniforms, coats, boots etc. by all members of team.
- Ensure that all the work area is cleaned before, during and after use with recommended solutions & chemicals.
- Ensure all the equipment are cleaned before and after use in production.
- Ensure team’s observance of all operation and safety instructions as regards the use and cleaning production equipment.
Education and Qualification
- Minimum qualification of First degree (HND, B.A., B.Sc., B.Eng. or its equivalent), while additional qualifications (MBA, MSC, MA, ML) and/or membership of professional bodies is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 6-8 (Six-Eight) years of cognate experience.
- Leadership and problem-solving skills, effective verbal communication skills, report-writing skills, excellent customer service skills and computer skills.
- Ability to identify and interpret origin and nature work-related problems.
- The Fresh Manager must possess a pleasant/pleasing personality and be able work varied hours and days, including weekends, holidays and nights as necessary.
Specific Work Elements:
- Ensuring customers are greeted and provide excellent customer service;
- Inspecting faulty merchandise or damaged products;
- Cascading required strategic management information to lowest team-member;
- Maintaining awareness of current advertisements and promotions;
- Keeping fresh area clean; supplies properly stocked;
- Communicating customer requests to team and superiors where needed;
- Be accountable for work timing of team members and performing other tasks as assigned.
Apply Before: 19th June, 2017.
How to Apply:
*Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Please we are not looking for a Warehouse Manager!!!