Job Title: Administrative Assistant.
Job Location: Borno.
The Company: Solidarités International (SI) is a Humanitarian Aid organization that has been committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters. Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Administrative Management of Personnel:
- Welcome and participate in administrative briefing of new personnel
- Assist the administrator for the administrative management of recruitment and hiring
- Participate in the organization of training
- Ensure archiving and monitoring of individual dossiers and deliver all documents relative to the professional life of Solidarités International employees
- Ensure the confidentiality of all HR datas
- Participate in the monitoring of work contracts on the base
- Collect payment details and integrate them into the Human resources management software (Homère)
- Issue pay slips and supervise payment of salaries after approval by the administrator
- Calculate taxes and duties and create pay records for the relevant organizations
- Keep an organization chart up to date for the base
- Assist the administrative in the organization and conduct of meetings with personnel representatives
- Participate in the application of policies relating to salaries and benefits for Solidarités International
- Monitor changes in the cost of living
- Train and support team members under his or her supervision
- Ensure the minimal replacement of members of the admin services in case of absence (days of, sickness etc.)
Treasury / Accounting / Management:
- Supervise the physical maintenance and safety of cash boxes
- Prepare monthly closing, revision and integrity of accounts for the base
- Issue vouchers, supervise archiving of records
- Participate in audits or any checks issued by partners or head office, at the base level
- Participate in the consolidation of budget follow ups and cash forecasts at the base level
- Monitor due dates for payments of contracts managed by the administrative coordinator
- List liquidity needs in concert with the admin coordinator
- Carry out pay-outs and advances, within established guidelines
- Keep the registry of cash pay-outs and the cashier’s register
- Record budgetary transfers and keep accounting codes
- Verify, before recording, that records conform to regulations and procedures of Solidarités International
- Translate accounting documents if necessary
- Exchange currencies at request of superiors
- Verify cash balances daily and report any discrepancies to superior
- Archive accounting records according to Solidarités procedures after a final verification of receipts etc.
- Guarantee security of the cash and confidentiality of information
Reporting / Communication:
- Participate in supervision of regulations in effect
- Aid admin coordinator in relations with administrative authorities
- Any other tasks as assigned.
- Training: Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Human Resources, Accountancy or any related discipline.
- Languages: English, Kanuri and/or Hausa
- Professional experience: Previous experience in relevant jobs will be appreciated.
- IT skills: Strong knowledge of MS Office tool pack (Word, Excel)
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to be flexible.
- Personal qualities: Ability to work under stressful situation and under specific security context, Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills.
ORG CHART Position (reporting and functional relationships):
- Line manager: Head of Base Log/Admin
- Line report(s) on base:
- Functional manager: Head of Base Log/Admin
- Functional report(s):
- University degree in Business and administration, diploma.
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in HR and administration similar activities
- Relevant experience on similar position with other NGOs will be highly appreciated
- Ability to work under pressure and emergency
- Fully computer literate,
- Good Knowledge in English and local language
Apply Before: 19th June, 2017.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application (CV, cover letter, photocopies of diplomas, certificates of employment etc.) by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To Solidarités International office at:
No 8 Manassa Street,
Behind Polo ground,
For the attention of : Audrey Chedhomme, Supply Coordinator
Note: Title of the related position must be written in the envelope or in the email subject.