Job Title: Multi-sector Program Manager Assistant .
The Company: Solidarités International (SI) is a Humanitarian Aid organization that has been committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters. Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- The Multisector Program Manager Assistant is in charge of supporting the Multisector program manager towards the good implementation, achievement and reporting of the objectives defined in the proposals;
- He / She guarantees the proper coordination mechanisms are in place inside the operational teams (water supply, water quality, sanitation, public health, hygiene promotion), in Monguno Borno state, and in cooperation with the multisector program manager.
List of Principal Activities
- Project relevance, quality and design
- Contribute to establishing operational assessment and evaluations activities;
- Contribute to define SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL’s local strategy and contribute to the annual programming by proposing new activities, especially activities targeting vulnerable people and IDPs in Monguno Borno State;
- Responsible to propose and guarantee quality approach mechanism are in place for the programs to ensure transparency accountability of SI activities;
- Support the writing of technical annexes and chapters (including the logical framework) for the proposals;
- Support the implementation of the activities in compliance with the annual operational strategy and SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL’s technical requirements;
- Participate in evaluating the relevance of the activities carried out, as well as the effectiveness of the interventions and their appropriateness with respect to contextual development and the population’s needs;
- Propose to the multisector program manager adjustments to the programs, if necessary;
- Participate in building the teams abilities with respect to techniques or new methodologies;
Implementation and Operational Monitoring:
- Support the Project Team Leaders in planning their operational activities;
- Meet the deadlines and adhere to predefined quality specifications;
- Support the Multisector Program Manager in ensuring the project management, monitoring and evaluation tools are in each operational department;
- Propose quality criteria and monitoring indicators for programs;
- Anticipate any issues linked with carrying out the activities and help to resolve any problems related to the activities;
- Suggest any adjustments to be made to the activity depending on contextual and indicator developments;
Institutional Knowledge Building – IKB:
- Use the IKB tools proposed by SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL;
- Participate in the centralization, validation, and distribution of procedures, guidelines and tools linked to the multisector activities;
- Build up on SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL (and stakeholders) intervention methods and techniques;
- To ensure that project files are complete, regularly updated, and saved on the Base external hard drive;
- Define the prerequisites for opened WASH positions together with the Multisector Program Manager;
- Greet and brief the new staff working on the program;
- In collaboration with the Multisector Program Manager, set up technical trainings depending on the operational needs and identified training requirements;
- Lead working groups and thematic meetings with the support of Program Manager;
- Evaluate and assess the performance of colleagues under his / her direct supervision on a regular basis;
- Ensure adherence to SI security regulations and reinforce them with his /her team.
Reporting/ Communication / Representation:
- Pass upward to the Multisector Program Manager / Coordination team any information on the security situation or on any event that could impact SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL activities and safety of the teams;
- Support the drafting of activities reports and amendments (including any annexes relating to specific activities) for the financial donors, local authorities and for internal purposes (weekly and monthly reports) by compiling all the operational data before sending them to the Multisector Program Manager;
- Ensure that all reports required by the Multisector Program Manager are delivered on time and in the correct format;
- In his / her assignment area, might be appointed to represent SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL at meeting or forums concerning the activities;
- In collaboration with the Multisector Program Manager, and administrative department, support the preparation of administrative documents (MoU, handover, etc.) to be jointly signed with government authorities, communities or partner’s;
Organizational Chart Position (Reporting and Functional Relationships):
- Line manager: Multisector Program Manager
- Functional manager: Multisector Program Manager
- Functional report(s): Operation Team.
- University degree in water and sanitation or Civil engineering or Environmental or Public health Engineering / Water resources development or in one of the civil engineering disciplines of water supply and hydrology or sanitation.
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in planning implementing similar activities
- Relevant experience FSL and Shelter
- Relevant experience on deep borehole drilling and development will be highly appreciated
- Ability to work under pressure and emergency
- Fully computer literate,
- Good knowledge on drawing it’s a plus
- Good Knowledge in local language.
Apply Before: 16th June, 2017.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application (CV, cover letter, photocopies of diplomas, certificates of employment etc.) by email to: email@example.com
To Solidarités International office at:
No 8 Manassa Street,
Behind Polo ground,
For the attention of : Audrey Chedhomme, Supply Coordinator
Note: Title of the related position must be written in the envelope or in the email subject.