Job Title: Project & Operations Manager.
Job Location: Lagos.
Job Reference: ALE/TP/26959/4545.
Contract Type: Full Time.
The Company:ALE is an engineering specialist. The core activity of the group involves engineering solutions for the horizontal and vertical movement of very large individual items.
Our expertise lies in all aspects of heavy lifting and transportation, including specialised cranes, transporters, hydraulic equipment, and barges. The unique nature of our work means that we rely on highly skilled operators and engineers to work on our projects in a safety critical environment.
- As an ALE Project & Operations Manager you will be responsible for the quality of delivery of projects.
- This will be the life blood of the business ensuring customer satisfaction and financial stability for the business.
- As the Project & Operations Manager you will ensure ALE projects are delivered as per defined scope or work, within budget and with accurate and well communicated planning.
- As the Project & Operations Manager you will be a key mentor responsible for the development of your team and bringing young engineers and other operational staff through the development levels.
- In addition the Project & Operations Manager will be the balance between site and head office support making sure support is provided to assist project teams with continuous improvement.
- Lead the Project teams consisting of Site Managers, Project Coordinators and Site Engineers.
- Ensure project teams deliver on time, on budget and to customer’s satisfaction.
- Ensure Project teams produce a safe project environments and HSE compliance.
- Ensure clear visibility and report on project risks, quality of delivery and financial performance.
- Ensure contract scope is managed and support swift resolution of all variation orders and claims.
- Maintain great client relationships ensuring ALE are easy to work with and trustworthy.
- Support and provide assistance to project managers when issues arise. Act as initial line of escalation and support internally and for customers.
- Ensure team members are developed.
- Support sales with accurate budgets and contractual negotiations for large high probability projects.
- Ensure commercial handovers assign adequate personnel and equipment resources in line with budget & best practice.
- Ensure adequate resources are available for project pipeline.
- Ensure project teams receive adequate support from head office central/functional services (Engineering, Operations, HR, Finance, HSQE).
- Perform regular Project performance reviews with project managers, for assessment against HSQE targets, operational progress/performance and Finance benchmarking (Actual vs. Budget).
- Carry out site visits for compliance and site audits according to standard procedures and promote continuous improvement and development campaigns.
- Maintain & develop project management, guidelines, policies & procedures.
The Ideal Candidate
Qualifications – Essential:
- Degree (Engineering, Management or similar)
Qualifications – Desirable:
- Leadership Training
- Contracts Training (NEC, FIDIC, etc.)
Experience – Essential:
- At least 5 years’ experience as a Project Manager, Contracts Manager with proof of successful project delivery.
- Knowledge of HSE policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of contractual risks
Experience – Desirable:
- Heavy transport or lifting experience.
- Extensive on site experience.
- IR/ER experience.
- Nigerian market
- Oil & Gas and/or Power Generation
- Logistics and/or industrial construction
Skills – Essential:
- Project Management
Skills – Desirable:
- Advanced skills with MS Office
- Working with ERP systems (SAP, Oracle, IFS)
- Understanding of trailer and crane experience
Personal Attributes – Essential:
- Competitive and ambitious nature
- High level of self-motivation and self-management
- Great communicator
- Fast learner and adaptable
- Must be able to motivate teams and mentor to team members
- Must be a decisive decision maker
Other Requirements – Essential:
- Willing to travel
- Current and valid driving license
- Current and valid passport, no restrictions
Apply Before: 31st July, 2017.
How to Apply:
*Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online