Job Title: Purchaser Officer.
Job Location: Maiduguri.
The Company: Solidarités International (SI) is a Humanitarian Aid organization that has been committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters. Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- The purchase officer carries out the purchases for the programs and structure at mission level.
- He/she is one of the guarantors for implementing and respecting Solidarites International purchase procedures.
- He/she is responsible for filing and archiving logistics documents linked to purchases.
- List of principal activities
Knowledge and monitoring of the Market:
- Take part in the analysis of the local purchasing environment
- Update price lists and supplier files
Implementation of Purchasing Process:
- Receive and process requests for quotes and IOFs after verification and approval by his/her line manager
- Implement purchases while respecting the rules and approval procedures established by donors and Solidarités International
- Ensure that products purchased correspond to the requirements of the purchase officer’s requirements in terms of quantity and quality
- Ensure that the format of, and information on quotes and invoices comply with regulations
- Ensure compliance with administrative procedures for the management of advances and payment of suppliers
- Establish and archive purchasing files in accordance with the rules of Solidarités International and its donors
- Monitor and update IOFs electronically
- Ensure the compilation of price lists and suppliers
- Ensure the monitoring of IOF requests and inform purchase officers of the status of their orders
Organisationnel Chart position:
- Line Manager: Procurement Manager
- Line Report(s) (on Base)
- Training: Ordinary National Diploma in purchasing and supply, logistic, business administration or equivalent
- Languages: English, Kanuri, Haussa is a plus
- IT skills : Microsoft software practise (word, Excel)
- Professional experience: Purchase and procurement, experience with NGO is a plus.
- Personal qualities: Dynamic, organized, methodical, team spirit, meticulous.
Apply Before: 18th June, 2017.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application (CV, cover letter, photocopies of diplomas, certificates of employment etc.) by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To Solidarités International office at:
No 8 Manassa Street,
Behind Polo ground,
For the attention of : Audrey Chedhomme, Supply Coordinator
Note: Title of the related position must be written in the envelope or in the email subject.