Job Title: Graduate ICT Assistant.
Job Location: Roving between Maiduguri, Damboa and Mubi.
The Company: Oxfam, one of the leading global development organizations, mobilizes the power of people against poverty. We are a diverse confederation of 17 strongly interconnected national affiliates working in over 90 countries, either directly, or with partners to enable transformational change, using a unique combination of long-term development, campaigning and humanitarian programs.
- To support the provision of timely and effective Information Communications Technology Services to the Maiduguri office and field offices.
- The job holder will provide support to all staff; including acquisition, management and the use of IT & IS tools to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Maintenance of IT infrastructure:
- Provide first line software support to staff, including troubleshooting all software problems
- Install new PC and other hardware equipment according to Oxfam standards
- Support the maintenance of the local area network and servers. Ensure the reliability of the local e-mail and Internet systems in the offices, with aim of optimal performance of the network infrastructure
- Support the management of network according to minimum standards, including: taking regular backups of all local data, ensuring that the virus protection software is installed on all machines & updated regularly, upgrading and installing new versions of software on the server and the workstations in the office.
- Maintenance of all computer systems in the offices, assessment of requirements on purchase of hardware/software for the office.
- Provides first level software and hardware maintenance & upgrades.
- Keeps an up to date inventory of all IT equipment both software and hardware.
- Support the collation of IT requirements for annual IT budgeting costs
- Supports a helpdesk system that will capture regular support issue for the purpose of generating management information required for performance improvement
- Ensures that the IT infrastructure is supported by stable power connectivity in the offices
- Delivery of email client (IBM Notes and Microsoft Outlook setup and troubleshooting email issues and webmail access.
- Support management of Cloud File storage systems and maintenance of Folder Sync structure.
- Support management of delivery of critical Microsoft Windows (Client) operating system patch and updates.
- Prepare monthly progress report detailing achievements, challenges and plans of action for the future and send to supervisor.
- Maintain an up to date network Data and Telephone patching of users and a network schema
- Support maintenance of optimal performance of VSAT equipment and Microwave assembly with active monitoring of active link to achieve throughput and QoS.
- Ensure efficiency in delivery of Wireless networks (Wifi, Point to Point wireless connections)
- Support management of Mobile technologies i.e. 3G, mobile data collection for roaming staff and support delivery of LMMS and Mobenzi which are in line with Oxfam IS standard tool sets
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Information Communication Technology Officer.
- Support implementation of cost effective technologies like Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP) and Video Conference in line with corporate strategy
- Ensures that the Oxfam switchboard lines are in working order
- Generates a regular report for management on use of telephones etc
IT Supplier Support:
- Support management of IT Service level agreements / contracts plus input on technical issues
- Ensures that phone/data bills are received and payment processed on time
- Occasional Support to Field Office Programme
- Remote support or on-site visit to the field offices to ensure that systems are running efficiently to agreed expected standards
Office equipment maintenance:
- Ensures that office equipment (especially printers, scanners and copiers) is in good order and any breakdowns are responded to immediately. To be responsible for maintaining contracts with all service providers.
- Assists with regular office asset register maintenance
- Capacity Building and Self Development
- Support training of staff and induct new staff on Oxfam’s computer systems, offer training on those that are recurrent
- Develops self, and maintains knowledge of Oxfam ICT Policy, Systems and Processes.
Educational, Experience & Competence:
- First degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, Telecommunications or related field
- Good knowledge and experience in basic hardware (how hardware works), operating systems (like Windows Server 2012 and Active Directory and Window 7) training and training on other applications
- Ability to solve some of the hardware problems on their own and provide good support on applications to the users (job specific).
- Effective communication skills and good working knowledge in English.
- Ability to travel to the field offices – could be frequent.
- Ability to meet deadlines and able to organise work effectively whilst being proactive and showing initiative and tenacity (achieving results)
- Ability to show logic and thinking through options before deciding on a course of action (thinking and understanding).
- Proven experience as a team worker and demonstrably cooperative with members of other teams, responding quickly and accurately to queries and issues
- A high level of self-awareness, personal energy, stamina and flexibility. Ability to work creatively, effectively and under own initiative
- Ability to work with discretion regarding confidential information, possession of sound judgment and attention to detail
- Commitment to Oxfam’s overall aims and policies and experience of promoting women’s rights and the interests of marginalized people in all aspects of Oxfam’s work
- Knowledge and / or experience of common Oxfam norms, procedures and administrative guidelines.
- Certification in Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or CCNA will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of VSAT assembly and Radio Frequency technology.
- Knowledge of the use of Routers and Switches, with administration and configuration abilities.
Apply Before: 13th June, 2017
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should email their Curriculum Vitae as one attachment in English to: [email protected] with the position title as the subject of the email.
- Applications sent in the required format will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Equal Opportunity:
- Prospective candidate must be available and willing to commence work immediately. only applicants residing in Maiduguri, Damboa or Mubi (Adamawa state) will be considered.
- “Oxfam is an equal-opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, etc.”