Catholic Relief Services (CRS), an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world, is currently seeking to employ suitable and qualified candidates for the following vacant positions below:
- Procurement Assistant – GFTAM
- Procurement Assistant
- Organizational Capacity Strengthening Technical Advisor
- Senior Procurement Officer
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Recruitment for Procurement Assistant – GFTAM
Job Title: Procurement Assistant – GFTAM
Advert Code: PA7617
Position Band: B-2
Reports to: Senior Procurement Officer – GFTAM
- Under the direct supervision of Senior Procurement Officer, the Procurement Assistant is responsible for the effective delivery of procurement services to CRS Global Fund Projects.
- The Procurement Assistant promotes a collaboration,client focused, quality and result orientated approach in the procurement unit.
Specific responsibilities andduties include but are not limited to;
- Assistance with the preparation of request for quotation, initiations to Bid, Requests for proposal and co-ordination of their timely dispatch by fax and messenger,
- Assist the procurement Officer in maintaining current up to date procurement documents / manuals.
- Routing copying and circulation of quotes, bids and proposal for evaluation.
- Researching pricing obtaining quotes, locally on low value items.
- Assistance at meeting between the Procurement Officer and vendors.
- Assist with the coordination with the selected bidder to ensure completion of administrative processes including Bid, contract award notice and that contract documents are distributed accordingly.
- Assist with managing the administrative process throughout the duration of the preparation of all documentation until the award of the contract.
- Maintain Global Fund Procurement and Production Plans up-to-date.
- Coordinate with requestors and make sure the right materials needed, find out the sample of material to be purchased if necessary.
- Provide purchased materials to the responsible receiving office and do all actions for completing the process.
- Maintain appropriate records to ensure that procurement process, decision and contractual agreement are accurately documented for accountability and audit purpose.
- Follow up and track payment for all Global Fund Procurement.
- Perform other duties assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Management, Business Administration, Procurement or any relevant course
- Minimum of two years’INGO professional experience in an administrative or procurement capacity with Global Fund projects
- Excellent English language skills written and spoken.
- Excellent interpersonal skills must be able to interact in a mature, professional and friendly
- manner with local and international colleagues of differing religious and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently and under pressure.
- Excellent knowledge of computer software – MS Office and Excel especially;
- Must be flexible and able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to uphold / respect procurement ethnics and conduct activities with integrity.
- A team player who demonstrate patience, flexibility and honestly.
- Be willing and able to meet tight deadlines and work long hours when required.
- Able to work in a multicultural environment.
Application Closing Date
20th June, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the “Application Form Below” and send with a detailed 3-page resume in a single file word document to: email@example.com Stating the position and advert code as the subject of the email e.g. Procurement Assistant – GFTAM-PA7617
- Applications must reach us on or before the closing date.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
- CRS is an equal –opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, etc.
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant positions.