Oxfam is a vibrant global movement of dedicated people fighting poverty – together. Doing amazing work – together. People power drives everything we do.
Oxfam is currently seeking to employ suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions below:
- Finance Officer
- Supply and Logistics Officer
- Information Communication & Technology Officer
- MEALSA Officer
- Grow Coordinator
- Security Advisor
- Head of Public Engagement & Influencing
- WASH Coordinator
Oxfam Nigeria Recruitment for Finance Officer
Job Title: Finance Officer (D1 – National)
Location: Abuja (With possible travel to North East)
- The Finance Officer will support the delivery of all financial management functions according to Oxfam financial Manual , including but not limited to petty cash management, time sheet recording, monthly payroll processing and the monitoring of financial activities and requirement as they are relate specifically to Oxfam relationship with partner organisation.
- She will check all expense supporting documentation to ensure compliance with organisation policies and related law, prior to obtaining approvals and payment processing.
- S/he will be coordinating and act as focal point for issues relating to finance at country office and the field office.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Financial Planning, Budgeting and Reporting:
- Review budget, activity plans and partnership agreements to ensure compliance with donor requirement and Oxfam policies and procedures
- Produce accurate, complete and consistent financial accounts, comments and supporting documentation for inclusion in project budget planning.
- Coordinates with Compliance Manager on the finance implementation of the grants implemented by counterparts.
- Prepares monthly financial progress reports (budget monitoring reports) for ongoing projects, and provide all relevant parties with effective budget analysis.
Financial Transaction and Cash Management:
- Ensure the management of cash and treasury including timely and accurate payments of suppliers and locally hired short and long term staff. Ensure cash and banks accounts are regularly reconciled. Manage and oversee projects inventory, capital equipment and issues related to offices and guest houses management
- Check accuracy, completeness and validity of financial data before payment and posting into Finance system.
Financial Control & Risk Management:
- Support the development of risk mitigation strategies in order to eliminate loss or fraud
- Carry out financial / compliance risk assessment of financial and organisational systems of partner organisation according to Oxfam’s partner assessment tools, in line with donor requirement.
Donor and Partner Management:
- Proactively review and identify any potential issues which would interfere with reporting requirements and/or meeting compliance standards and take appropriate action to resolve them.
- Visit partner organisation to fully understand the context and operating environment they work in to ensure effective support is provided.
Educational, Experience and Competencies
- First degree or equivalent in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Economics or any Social Science discipline. Recognised accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA). Relevant work experience and professional certification may be considered.
- Minimum of 5 years experience of all core financial management activities including accounts payable bookkeeping cash management, budget development, statutory requirement and standard account.
- 2 years proven knowledge and experience of grant accounting and sound experience with donor funding regulations, procedures and reporting requirements
- Monthly VAT report preparation/submission to TAX inspections; compiling financial documents for audit review as needed
- Good experience of using a computerised information management system (MS Word, Excel, Accounting Software etc)
- Good analytical and conceptual thinking with proven proactive approach to identifying and resolving problems and suggesting improvements that continuously seek to provide a better service to Oxfam
- Commitment to Oxfams overall aims and policies arid experience of promoting women’s rights and the interests of marginalized people in all aspects of Oxfams work
- Knowledge or appreciation of Nigeria in terms of its politica1 economic and social trends plus a good understanding of the key development and humanitarian issues in the region.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and report writing skills. Good analytical skills and experience using a computerised information management system (Ms. Word, Excel, Accounting/work related software etc.)
- Knowledge and / or experience of common Oxfam norms objects, standards and tools
What We Offer
Oxfam (Novib) is committed to providing you with a competitive, fair, and comprehensive pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our donors.
Application Closing Date
16th June, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should email an application letter and CV as one Word Document or PDF attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title as the subject of the email
- For more information please send an email to: email@example.com
- Interested candidates are encouraged to apply immediately as suitable candidates may be shortlisted and interview prior to closing date. Only applications sent in the required format will considered.
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant positions.