The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA), a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation, is currently seeking to employ suitable and qualified candidates for the following vacant positions below:
- Publishing Assistant
- Digital Communication Assistant
- Communication and Media Assistant
- Marketing and Visitors Service Officer
International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) Recruitment for Publishing Assistant
Job Title: Publishing Assistant
Recruitment Type: National (3 year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Participate in the designing and producing collateral materials for conferences, training, events, and meetings, i.e., name tags, tabletent flyers, programs, flyers, banners, medical IDs, complimentary cards, staff ID cards, streamers, posters, signages and other visual materials;
- Participate in developing graphics and visual design, and layouts for various communication products and mediums based on design briefs;
- Work on publication layouts using templates and prescribed formats
- Discuss design job requirements, messages, strategies and presentations with clients
- Digitize and organize documents, publications, images, slides, and other graphic assets for posterity based on specifications and according to IITA archival system and Open Access principles;
- Perform any other duty assigned by the Supervisor.
- OND in Computer Science with at least three (3) years’ of experience in doing layouts and compositing or assembling communication materials using computer design packages.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have computer and desktop publishing skills.
- Have good interpersonal skills.
Application Closing Date
16th June, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should complete the online application below attaching their cover letters with detailed curriculum vitae saved in a single file in Microsoft Word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Click here to apply online
Click here for more information (PDF)
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant positions.