Airtel Nigeria, a leading mobile telecommunication services provider in Nigeria and a member of Airtel Africa Group, is currently seeking to employ suitable and qualified candidates for the following vacant positions below:
Airtel Nigeria Recruitment for Area Sales Manager (North)
Job Title: Area Sales Manager [North]
Locations: Kebbi & Katsina
- The successful candidate will be to maximize revenue and subscriber acquisition (gross and net additions) opportunities in assigned territory through channel effectiveness (wholesale & retail), adequate recharge availability and implementation of planned sales & distribution and marketing strategies.
Duties and Responsibilities
To achieve recharge sales target within state/area:
- To ensure adequate availability of all recharge denominations in sub-CP and retail points.
- To ensure channel partners are making stock available and distributing to their network of sub-CPs and retailers
- To achieve ERC, RCV and E-pin target in agreed ratios.
- Constantly identify opportunities for driving activation and recharge sales within territory.
Achieve Share of Gross & Net Additions (SOGA & SONA):
- Ensure full-fledged achievement of Gross Adds targets by driving market initiatives in assigned area.
- Effective management of direct activation teams and monitoring of CP bus activation activities.
- KYC Optimization at Trade level by ensuring adequate and functional deployment of KYC kits
- Drive KYC inactivity to nil
- Other initiatives to increase GAD including new site launch
- Ensure activation of Quality GADs in assigned area.
- Develop and implement activities that will increase SONA in assigned area.
- Implementation of customer driven activities (product launches, town storms etc) in assigned area.
- Drive voice and data business performance by the implementation of revenue generating activities and initiatives in assigned territory.
Channel branding and visibility:
- Ensure appropriate and effective outlet branding is carried out in line with the “look of success” within the territory.
- Identify visibility opportunities for Airtel brand within the territory.
- To ensure ITP increases and gives impetus to iCMS and iRMS
- Effective management of POS stock in the warehouse to avoid damage, wastage and obsolete materials.
- Train Market Developers on POS deployment in line with “look of success”.
- To recruit appropriate number of Retailers- RSOs, SSOs, ERCOs in line with scientific distribution requirements.
- Migrate all other retailers to become one stop shop SSOs and SSOs.
- Maintain the ratio of RSO(5): SSO(1) in line with scientific distribution.
- Maintain KYC infra ratio of 1kit:3 SSOs.
- To identify and recruit suitable sub channel partners in the territory for effective product re-distribution.
- Ensure constant CLS elimination.
- Develop subscriber acquisition and other marketing initiatives to drive revenue in CLS site locations.
- New Site Launch Plan and Distribution Preparedness.
- Effectively drive and manage target driven initiatives and project.
Industry Awareness/Competition Intelligence:
- To effectively report competitive activities within assigned territory and implement adequate counter initiatives.
- Track on-going initiatives in Market.
- To immediately address or escalate any unusual competitor activity and sale support that may be a threat to the performance of the business.
Relevant Skill and Experience
- Bachelors in Social sciences, marketing, business management, engineering or computer science
- Master’s in business administration or management will be an advantage
- Project Management qualification will be an advantage
- 3+ years of commercial/ business management experience
- Team leadership experience
- 1 – 2 years of relevant experience in the Telecommunications space
- Computer literacy
- Sales knowledge
- Product/ Service development
- Product/ Service Management
- Interpersonal skills
- Customer orientation
Application Closing Date
14th June, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant positions.