HEALTH INITIATIVES FOR SAFETY AND STABILITY IN AFRICA (HIFASS), a Non-Government Organization (NGO) incorporated in October 2007 to provide strategic workforce that supports manpower needs of Military Facilities in Nigeria, is currently seeking to employ suitable and qualified candidates for the following vacant positions below:
- Graduate Case Monitor (Akamkpa LGA)
- Graduate Case Monitor (Calabar South)
- Graduate Case Monitor (Calabar Municipal)
- Graduate Case Monitor (Odukpani LGA)
- Graduate Case Monitor (Ebonyi)
HIFASS Recruitment for Graduate Case Monitor (Akamkpa LGA)
Job Title: Case Monitor
Location: Akamkpa LGA , Cross River
Reports To: Grants Manager
Job Type: Full-time
- The Case Monitor will support Thematic Advisors by providing regular training/support, accompaniment and technical support to HIFASS/ LOPIN 3 Subgrantees focusing primarily on identification, enrollment, assessment, development of care plans, referral monitoring and graduation of OVC in the scale-up and sustained support SNUs in Cross River and Ebonyi States
- S/he will undertake regular mentoring and field visits to review case files of enrolled households and provide supportive supervision to Community Volunteers (CV), documenting service provision and promoting shared learnings across Subgrantees and other actors,.
- Provide regular feedback on performance management of enrolled household and OVC to the management of HIFASS LOPIN 3 project and CSO Partners for decision making.
- Support HIFASS LOPIN-3 Thematic Advisor to implement and disseminate updated guidance, standard operating procedures and other job-aids to facilitate better OVC case management and referral at the household and community levels.
- Assist in validation of enrolled households by visiting homes of children infected and affected by HIV managed by Civil Society Organization (CSO) partners in designated wards and LGAs.
- Ensure case files are properly documented with appropriate OVC tools, home-based care forms, school visits forms and referral service forms, for other OVC and HIV services.
- Support HIFASS LOPIN 3 CSOs and CVs to oversee quality improvement initiatives and learning exchanges related to case management and referral networks.
- Conduct regular visit to assess participatory Savings and Internal Lending Groups,empowered households and AGYW engaged in life skills program.
- Provide supportive supervision, mentoring, and training to the community volunteers with regular feedback to CSO partners and project technical staff.
- Identifies and refers cases of children who have faced abuse, neglect, coerced or raped to the state/ LGA child protection centres for proper evaluation, reporting and follow-up services.
- In collaboration with HIFASS/ LOPIN 3 Subgrantees and Community Volunteers,undertake regular mentoring and visits to the field to review case files and provide supportive supervision to the CSOs documenting promising practices and promoting shared learnings across IPs and other actors.
- Collaborate with the Thematic Advisors to develop and roll out procedures related to graduation and transition of OVC and their households as it pertains to case management, referrals and linkages.
- The Case Monitor will be expected to travel within assigned LGAs in Cross River and Ebonyi States.
- Bachelor’s Degree/HND in Social Works, Public Health, Humanities or Management/ Social Sciences
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Previous working experience in HIV/AIDS and/or OVC programs
- Willingness to work at household and community levels with regular field visits.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal, cross-cultural and training/mentoring skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment
- Demonstrated ability to plan and deliver trainings.
- At least 1 year work experience in related position
- Familiarity with quality improvement science at the health facility and community levels.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Must be resident within the locality or its environ.
Application Closing Date
31st May, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their current Curriculum Vitae and Cover letter in only one attachment (MS word document) and indicate the title and location of the post applied for as the subject of the mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant positions.