New Nigeria Commodity Marketing Company (NNCMC) Limited, is currently seeking to employ suitable and qualified candidates for the following vacant positions below:
New Nigeria Commodity Marketing Company (NNCMC) Limited Recruitment for General Manager (Operations)
Job Title: General Manager (Operations)
Reports To: Managing Director
Employment Type: Full Time
Grade Level: Executive Management
Start Date: As Soon as Possible
- The General Manager (Operations) is to oversee the company’s procurement and supply chain systems
- He or She is expected to contribute towards the achievement of the company’s overall strategic and operational objectives
In specific terms, the General Manager (Operations) is saddled with the following responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Project Implementation Manager (PIM) to oversee the company’s procurement and supply chain operations, inventory management, and warehousing
- Ensure the security and safety of all procured commodities including ensuring that appropriate insurance covers are in place at all times,
- Oversee the recruitment and appointment of local Buying Agents (LBAs) and State Implementation Managers (SIMS)
- In conjunction with key relevant parties, determine and recommend NNCMC purchase prices of commodities and identify key procurement markets for the various commodities
- Perform periodic quality control checks and prepare periodic report on quality and conditions of all commodities in stock;
- Identify/segregate warehouses, silos and other storage facilities according to products;
- Carry out any other duty that may be assigned from time to time by the MD.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent. Candidates with higher Degrees will have additional advantage
- Minimum of 12 years cognate experience in relation to commodity trading and marketing, and building businesses around agricultural commodity marketing and trade, supply chain model, financial services for the agric sector, storage and warehousing receipt system;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite software;
- Fluency in Hausa Language will be an added advantage
- Working experience/knowledge of West Africa, preferably Nigeria and the Northern region of the country
Salary Package and Benefits
- The salary and allowances attached to this position are competitive and similar to those obtainable in the industry
Application Closing Date
8th June, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications which should include CV and Cover Letter containing suitability statement explaining why you think you are especially qualified for the job, by email to: [email protected]
P.O. Box 6500,
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please do not send follow-up emails.
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant positions.