e.Stream, a provider of broadband network infrastructure and connectivity solutions, is currently seeking to employ suitable and qualified candidates for the following vacant positions below:
e.Stream Networks Limited Recruitment for Field Service Engineer
Job Title: Field Service Engineer
- The Field Service Engineer is responsible for the deployment, troubleshooting, integration and maintenance of various communication equipment (VSAT and Radio).
Duties and Responsibilities
Strategic Insight and Integration:
- Assist the Service Deployment manager to achieve the corporate objectives
- Attend project & departmental meetings
- Provide inputs to the departmental annual budget
- Provide technological innovation to deploy services which are cost effective.
Technical / Analysis and Problem Solving:
- Ensures that surveys carried out are 90% accurate.
- Responsible for configuring customer edge devices for integration of last mile connections like VSAT, Microwave Radio.
- Ensures that there is no course to revisit sites deployed within 6month.
- Responsible for documentation of installation activities.
- Ensures that bench test is carried on assigned equipment before embarking on any deployment.
- Ensures 90% implementation of Maintenance plan
- Responsible for testing and ensuring that signal strength, signal to noise ratio and any other parameters are in accordance to e.Stream approved standard.
- Responsible for the documentation of all deployment activities in accordance to service deployment procedure.
Interpersonal, Relationship Management & Collaboration:
- Liaise with 3rd party vendors to deliver projects
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with other departments, teams and Clients
- Promptly report any incident, problems known errors, unexpected events or deviation from deployment plans.
- Deliver weekly reports on the status deployment
- Generate and submit periodic project and operational reports to the Regional Team Lead for informed decision making
- Timely response to customer complaint
- Prompt resolution of 2nd level issues
- Recommend & Implement cost saving initiatives
Education & Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Electronics Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in a relevant role.
- RF engineering experience working in the telecoms industry.
- Affiliation with relevant professional bodies
Competency, Skills & Certifications:
- Certification in CCNA, CWNA
- Relationship & People Management
- Quality of deployment without recourse to revisit site
- Prompt resolution of 2nd level issues within 2hrs of escalation.
- 10% cost savings on deployment
- The incumbent may be required to travel out of station often.
- The incumbent may be required to work in cold (air conditioned) rooms for a long time.
- This position requires physical and mental strength.
Application Closing Date
1st June, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant positions.