Job Title: Security Manager
Job Location: Lagos
Req ID: 17000297
Job Type: Experienced – Professional / Office
The Company: Cummins Inc. – A global power leader, is a corporation of complementary business units that design, manufacture, distribute and service diesel and natural gas engines and related technologies, including fuel systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission solutions and electrical power generation systems. Headquartered in Columbus, Indiana, (USA) Cummins currently employs approximately 48,000 people worldwide and serves customers in approximately 190 countries and territories through a network of approximately 600 company-owned and independent distributor locations and approximately 6,800 dealer locations. Cummins earned $1.48 billion on sales of $17.3 billion in 2013.
- Protects company employees and property in a structured program with emergency response capabilities.
- Ensures a site’s security program is effective, functional and properly managed in a cost effective manner.
- Ensures guard force operations are conducted according to the contract and key performance indicators; analyzes guard force protection strategies, assignments, and posts to ensure work is cost effective and necessary and recommends appropriate modifications and revisions when appropriate.
- Ensures that security equipment and barriers used in the site protection program are effective, functional, and properly maintained; manages maintenance companies to ensure that issues are resolved in a timely manner; coordinates maintenance follow up activities identified by the security officers and their supervisors; oversees the installation and commissioning of all new security equipment.
- Conducts periodic risk assessments for the facility to ensure the protection program is adequate and aligned with corporate standards.
- Maintains an understanding of local security laws and fire codes.
- Works with external agencies to develop an emergency response plan; contributes to the Incident Management Team; adjusts facility or personnel security protocols to protect people and property.
- Assists with the development of security awareness training for employees; assists human resources in coordinating the security training of all new hires.
- Investigates security-related incidents; completes documentation in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Maintain awareness of site activity.
- Develops and maintains a strong relationship with physical security vendors; manages the relationship with security guard vendor; assists, monitors, and counsels guard force management to ensure that they are motivated, creative, and effective leaders; with guard force management, develops training and communication programs for security officers to ensure staff is both knowledgeable and productive.
- Issues working tools such as radios and keys to designated security personnel; controls and maintains the key inventory; documents, organizes and stores all lost and found items; documents inquiries for lost items and coordinates their return.
- Gathers, analyzes, and monitors security program data; prepares reports for presentation to business leaders.
- May supervise, coach and mentor security employees; provides guidance and direction on problems and issues; delegates works assignments considering employee skills and development needs.
Education, Licenses, Certifications:
- College, university, or equivalent degree required.
- Significant relevant experience required.
- Decision Making – The thought process of selecting a logical choice from the available options. Ability to forecast the outcome of each option and determine which option is the best for that particular situation.
- Communication – Written and Verbal – Effectively expresses messages and ideas in a clear, organized and relevant manner for a variety of audiences. Develops organized, complete, and convincing communications.
- Initiative – Displays ownership for starting and completing tasks in a timely manner. Identifies and takes ownership of problems encountered and suggests solutions. Knows when to seek advice and put it to use.
- Relationship Management – Develops rapport, builds trust, and creates value in relationships. Identifies networking opportunities and effectively communicates across functions, BU’s, and with both internal and external business partners.
- Develops Systems and Processes – Identifies and implements effective processes and procedures for accomplishing work.
- Foster Open Communication – Creates a work environment in which timely and relevant information flows smoothly between self and others; encourages the open expression of ideas and opinions.
- Motivate Others – Encourages and empowers others to achieve; establishes challenging performance standards; creates enthusiasm, a feeling of investment, and a desire to excel.
- Security Cross Functional Knowledge – Knowledge of principles and processes of Employee Protection, Facilities Protection, Information Asset Protection, Product Protection, and Risk Assurance and how they are interlinked to provide an end solution to the business.
- Security Risk Management – Knowledge of security risk management principles and protection techniques. This includes the elements of risk identification and the ability to implement appropriate measures to ensure controls are in place to inhibit compromise to Cummins assets.
- Physical Security Architecture and Design – Ability to design, architect, and evaluate secure physical security systems. This includes an understanding of logical hardware, operating systems, and software security components.
- Crisis Management and Response – Knowledge of the process for dealing with threats before, during, and after an event or incident that threatens to harm the organization, its stakeholders, or the general public. It includes leadership of the program and building collaborative teams at the right levels, definition of the risk, communication to management, preparation and training, and process improvement.
- Knowledge of Local Laws and Regulations – Knowledge of local laws, regulations, and security practices in order to implement processes appropriate for the location and environment. This may include developing and maintaining relationships with international, federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies.
Apply Before: Ongoing.
How to Apply:
*Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online