Job Title: Legal and Compliance Office
Job Location: Lagos
The Company: Saroafrica International Limited is an innovative & Profitable Company in her chosen Industries, enhancing Lives from Farms to Homes through her winning Products & Services channeled through her extensive Rural & Urban Trade Networks in Nigeria & Sub-Saharan Africa.
In Saroafrica, we have obligated to doing the right thing in the right and prescribed manner because of our strong belief that our business growth and expansion will be achieved and sustained when strong corporate governance and a culture of compliance exist.
Roles and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Head, Audit and Compliance, the Legal and Compliance Officer will have key responsibilities but not limited to the following:
- Managing litigations and liaising with external lawyers
- Providing commercial legal advice and solutions
- Negotiate, review and draft commercial agreements and key business documents.
- Managing and Fostering excellent relationships with relevant third parties including the security agencies
- Monitor compliance with laws, regulations and internal policies
- Educate all levels of employees on not only the regulations but also the impact of non-compliance
- Investigate irregularities and non-compliance issues
- Collaborate with other departments to create a culture of compliance.
- Must have responsibility for Company Secretariat functions
Other Key Attributes:
- Experience in delivering high quality advice and solutions to business leaders and top executives
- Experience in dealing and managing relationships with lawyers, the Police and other security agencies;
- Must have understanding of laws and practice applicable to business operating in Agriculture and Consumer sectors in Nigeria and the Sub Saharan Africa
- Experience in ensuring that Implementations are fully carried out in an orderly and timely manner
- Possession of at least a Second Class Upper Degree in Law at either or both University and the Nigerian Law School.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience
- Demonstration of steady progression and advancement with increased responsibilities;
- The ability to communicate effectively in English consult with others, build relationships, facilitate group discussions, deliver presentations and understand change management;
- Excellent judgment and strong problem solving skills, including the ability to analyze and understand the financial impact of relevant options;
- Professionalism and integrity;
- Ability to perform under time constraints to meet deadlines
- High level strategic thinking capabilities
- Possessing a shared mindset as well as keen eye for details
- Willingness to travel at short notice
Apply Before: 26th May, 2017.
How to Apply:
*Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae electronically using the Position applied for as the subject of the mail to: [email protected]
Note: Kindly use job title and Location as Mail Subject.