Job Title: Head, Learning and Development (L&D)
Job Location: Lagos
The Company: SaroAfrica International Limited is the leader in the Nigerian Crop Protection industry. We are a wholly indigenous company, committed to the provision of dependable solutions to crop production problems in a distinctive, rewarding and responsible way. We have our head office located in Ibadan and offices across in Nigeria as well as in some West and Central African Countries.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Head, Human Resources, and the Head of Learning & Development is responsible for creating and implementing development programs and overseeing the development of talents and careers. The Head of Learning & Development provides proactive and consultative L&D services with the support of the Human Resources (HR) team across the Saro businesses.
This will be accomplished through:
- Maintaining and or enhancing the existing L&D infrastructure
- Managing all aspects of the training cycle (Training Needs Analysis , Course development, implementation and delivery, monitoring and evaluation);
- Ensuring quality delivery of development Programs,& Workshops;
- Preparing , Monitoring and updating L&D policies
- Providing guidance to L&D policies, programs and processes as necessary while ensuring alignment with Individual businesses and Corporate business strategies;
- Preparing and monitoring of L&D budgets;
- Managing and coaching L&D team members;
- Measuring and monitoring the effectiveness of L & D initiatives in line with key performance indicators
- Participating, when required, in HR and non-HR projects and initiatives as needed.
- Ensuring that all Statutory Training Requirements are met
- Bachelors’ degree specializing in Human Resources, Psychology, Humanities and other relevant Social Sciences. Candidates are expected to have a minimum of Second Class Upper. Possession of a MBA or Higher degree or being a member of a recognised Professional body will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 6+ years of experience in Training and Development, Organisational development, or relevant fields;
- Demonstration of steady progression and advancement with increased responsibilities;
- A history of success in securing commitment and support for training & development initiatives;
- The ability to communicate effectively in English consult with others, build relationships, facilitate group discussions, deliver presentations and understand change management;
- Excellent judgment and strong problem solving skills, including the ability to analyze and understand the financial impact of relevant options;
- Ability to motivate and effectively coach others;
- Professionalism and integrity;
- Ability to perform under time constraints to meet deadlines
- High level strategic thinking capabilities
- Possessing a shared mindset
Other Key Attributes:
- Experience in delivering high quality L&D support and a history of forging strong relationships;
- Experience in the core areas of coaching, performance management, talent management, change management , people development and diversity and engagement;
- Experience in the execution of all facets of training & development;
- Ability to demonstrate commercial understanding of the business coupled with an appetite to build a deep appreciation of the sectors in which we operate ;
- Team player who is willing to work hard to build strong and productive relationships at all levels;
- Proven ability to coach senior individuals and influence as appropriate to ensure successful outcomes;
- A change manager and project leader, with the credibility to influence at all levels within the Organization.
Apply Before: 26th May, 2017.
How to Apply:
*Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae electronically to:
Note: Kindly use job title and Location as Mail Subject