Job Title: Principal Lab Technician
Job Location: Lagos
- The Materials Testing team is seeking a Principle Lab Technician to assist in the testing of materials (metals, plastics, and elastomers) in order to determine the materials’ suitability of use in applications found throughout the oil and gas industry.
- The candidate will be responsible for carrying out testing using existing protocol and managing several projects at once.
- This individual will also be responsible for operating and maintaining specific pieces of equipment within the lab.
- Typical daily tasks include general housekeeping, inventory management, ordering supplies and materials, measuring basic physical properties of the material specimens and preparing them for pre and post-testing.
- The candidate will report to the lab manager and will receive direct guidance from the more senior team members.
The Company: Gland Oil & Gas (GOG) is an independent oil and gas company focused on production, development and gas exploration. We are oil finders, driven to unlock significant new petroleum systems, and to grow and mature discovered hydrocarbon basins through additional exploration success, as well as development and production .
- Responsible for all steps of routine data collection and analysis involving sample prep, instrument control, and data processing
- Write experimental reports, summaries and protocols
- Assist in test method development related to process parameters
- Use standard laboratory glassware and equipment and one or two complex pieces of equipment
- Use judgment to interpret test results against limits and in performing inspections
- Make measurements, performing routine quantitative and qualitative chemical analytical tests
- Perform routine calculations and determinations on tests and evaluating physical characteristics
- Perform material compatibility tests to evaluate colour, dimension, and other material attributes
- Minimum of HND/B.Sc in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Lab Technology, Instrument Technology or equivalent
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- The desired candidate will be outgoing, creative, a self-starter, and team oriented
- The candidate must be able to operate independently and as part of a high-functioning team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 2 years as a laboratory or instrument technician, or closely related experience
- Experience with laboratory practices/methods and scientific terminology
- Proficiency in MS Excel and MS Work
- Comfortable working in a production environment
Apply Before: 7th July, 2017.
How to Apply:
*Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV’s to the company’s e-mail: [email protected]