International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant positions below:
- Manager, External Training
- Monitoring & Evaluation Officer I
- Store Keeper II
- Store Keeper I
- ICT-Senior Infrastructure Officer
International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) Recruitment for Manager, External Training
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Design and develop a training income generation strategy and plan and manage implementation to ensure that income generation and business development opportunities in the provision of training are realized.
- Work with staff to identify a suite of training courses which can prioritize for marketing to external audiences in support of our strategic aim of Transforming African Agriculture and in due course, aligned to ENABLE and TAAT programs; support the implementation of ENABLE and TAAT training programs.
- Liaise effectively with relevant staff and training providers in order to enlist appropriately skilled trainers to deliver training programs; evaluate training proposals, and manage feedback on training effectiveness to make recommendations for program optimization and to ensure continuous quality assurance.
- Work with an E-learning Instructional Designer to create high quality and engaging e-learning modules, and supporting tools, following an instructional design process; Support staff in their external training programs delivery.
- Promote learning on common good practices and exchange training programs.
- Contribute to the development of the content/design of the Training pages on the intranet.
- Contribute to the management and maintenance of the training information on the database / system for training delivery, reporting and record maintenance.
- Contribute to the development of policies, guidelines and training materials for successful implementation of training programs.
- Support the development and writing of proposals for capacity development and training projects.
- Report on external training activities and assist the Head of CDO in developing annual budgets and plan.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Master’s Degree in Agricultural Extension, Social Sciences, Humanities or related field with at least 5 years of experience in managing training programs in a research organization.
- Membership of NITAD or other relevant professional organization is an added advantage.
Ideal Candidate must have:
- Experience in creation, coordination and delivery of training programs.
- Understanding of adult learning, participatory training approaches, curriculum design and development is essential.
- Skills in project management, data collection, evaluation and needs analyses with good organization, communication and coordination abilities are also required.
- Good English (written and spoken) communication skills; other language skills, particularly French, are desirable.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
16th March, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested applicant should forward their applications including a covering letter which should address how the candidates background/experience relates to the specific duties of the position applied for, curriculum vitae, names and addresses of three professional referees (which must include either the Head of the applicants current or previous organization or applicants direct Supervisor/Superior at his/her present or former place of work).
- The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates.
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant positions.