Equal Access (EA) invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant positions below:
- Freelance Cameraman
- Freelance Language Translator
- Freelance Soundman
Equal Access Recruitment for Freelance Cameraman
Job Title: Freelance Cameraman
Essential Job Functions
- General duties include recording moving images for film, television, music videos and other related productions.
- Cameraman would operate digital video cameras, under instructions from a Director
Specific Duties Involve:
- Setting up and positioning camera equipment
- Planning and rehearsing shots
- Following a camera script and taking cues from the director
- Choosing the most suitable lenses and camera angles
- Solving practical or technical problems such as lighting
- Previewing the rushes
- Filling in the necessary quality assurance paperwork at the end of the shoot pointing out any potential issues to the producer or editors
- Working closely with other technical departments such as sound.
- Maintaining the equipment and keeping it clean
- Ensuring that the batteries are fully charged before each shoot
- Any Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Knowledge, Skills and Qualities
- Diploma, OND in Media and Communication or related field
- Good practical skills and knowledge of camera equipment
- An interest in photography, film and video
- Good communication and ‘people skills’
- The ability to carry out instructions accurately and with attention to detail
- Good colour vision
- Calmness under pressure
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Patience and concentration
- Good levels of stamina for holding and moving camera equipment and working long hours
Application Closing Date
24th March, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Updated CV, cover letter and references to: The title of the position applied for should be clearly stated on the email.
Note: We will consider applications and begin the interview process prior to the closing date.
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant positions.