MRS Oil & Gas Company Limited invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant positions below:
- MS SharePoint Administrator
- HR Manager
- Network Engineer
- Windows Server System Administrator
MRS Oil & Gas Company Limited Recruitment for MS SharePoint Administrator
Job Title: MS SharePoint Administrator
Location: MRS Tincan, Lagos
Reports to: Information Technology Manager
Internal Working Relationship: All Departments, Related Business Units and Locations
Supervises: Interns (IT Students) ; Help-Desk, Vendors
External Working Relationships: Microsoft Inc.
The SharePoint Administrator will be responsible for providing technical support for the SharePoint environment including assessment and implementation of new capabilities, and providing IT long-term perspective on the relationship of SharePoint technology to the business opportunities facing the company.
SharePoint Site Administration:
- Site creation, permission management, content management;
- Gathers requirements, analyzes and implements SharePoint to meet customer and business requirements;
- Provides guidance to business units on structure of their sites;
- Implement custom workflow to automate business process;
- Leads and facilitates information gathering sessions to validate business cases, gathers and documents business and functional objectives;
- Manages customer relationships by communicating SharePoint architecture standards and Framework; answers questions; resolves concern and issues;
- Increases organization effectiveness by identifying opportunities to leverage solutions to other engagements;
- Triages Tier 2 SharePoint issues escalated from the Tier 1 help desk and communicates directly with SharePoint users to resolve, escalate, and reroute SharePoint trouble tickets using standard operating procedures to determine severity and impact;
- Assists users in leveraging Enterprise Features; and
- Assists in creating end-user and technical documentation and training material.
SharePoint Online Server Administration:
- Configuration and maintenance of SharePoint Server;
- Administers & manages the SharePoint farms and databases;
- Defines, implements, maintains and enforces SharePoint Governance policies;
- Ensures the integrity and security of SharePoint data in accordance with business needs and industry best-practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance;
- Performs and tests routine SharePoint backups and restores;
- Anticipates, mitigates, identifies, troubleshoots, and resolves SharePoint problems and escalates incidents as necessary;
- Supports application development teams and system administrators throughout project Page 2 of 3 lifecycles;
- Performs system monitoring and log analysis;
- Recommends and performs software upgrades, patches and reconfigurations;
- Maintains policies and procedures for SharePoint administration;
- Performs system/process analysis to evaluate security levels, system utilization and growth projections;
- Identifies and resolves performance or stability issues through performance tuning, proper system design, and patching;
- Researches, stages and oversees new roll outs and upgrades for various applications and hardware to maximize integrity and efficiency of the system;
- Supports the installation, configuration, security, operation, and maintenance of all web portal servers, equipment, and software related to SharePoint infrastructure;
- Participates in full life-cycle development of SharePoint including planning and execution of tasks related to the evaluation of new SharePoint based initiatives (Upgrade Versions,Third-Party Solutions, Integration with additional Enterprise Systems);
- Deploys new functionality and/or enhancements to SharePoint functionality;
- Proactively manages and supports the day-to-day system management tasks such as trouble-shooting, backup management and performance tuning;
- Ensures uniform navigation throughout sites; and
- Participates in the planning and implementation of new SharePoint initiatives which includes interfacing SharePoint to new products, third-party solutions and all enterprise application systems.
Research SharePoint Application & Business Need:
- Conducting general research on current IT technologies related to SharePoint with duties including but not limited to:
- Conducting research related to updates, patches, upgrades, new software, industry standards, best practices, etc. to keep up-to- date with new SharePoint technologies.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
Key Performance Indicators:
- High Systems Availability.
- Reduced Complaints from End Users.
- Timely Incident Re
- Timely Recovery from Disaster
- End Users’ Competence in System Usage.
- A Bachelor’s Degree, or HND In Information Technology, Computer Science/Engineering, or related discipline.
- MS SharePoint Server Administration Professional Certification would be an added advantage.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Working knowledge of SharePoint Central Admin;
- Working knowledge of Application support and experience with SharePoint and Windows SharePoint Services (WSS);
- Working knowledge of InfoPath Form development and deployment; Working knowledge of workflows, both Out of the Box (OOTB) and custom through SharePoint Designer;
- Working knowledge of defining and executing SharePoint governance;
- Working knowledge of documenting and maintaining configuration and process information;
- Working knowledge of handling export/import, backup/restore of SharePoint Farm Site Collections and team sites;
- Working knowledge of the various roles within a SharePoint environment and knowledge of best-practices with regard to placement of those roles within the environment;
- Some knowledge of research, analysis and reporting methods;
- Some knowledge and understanding of views, web parts, security and other customizations;
- Some knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, SQL server and networks; Some knowledge of Windows PowerShell and SharePoint command line tools (STSADM);
- Some knowledge of Microsoft Internet Information Systems (IIS 7);
- Some knowledge of installing, configuring, and supporting SharePoint farm environment; Knowledge of research, analysis and reporting methods; Knowledge of SQL server administration;
- Knowledge of SharePoint development and Microsoft Visual Studio .NET; Hands-on software and hardware troubleshooting experience;
- A Minimum Of 5 years Experience in MS SharePoint Server Administration.
- Good understanding SQL, T-SQL, DC, MS Azure, SharePoint Online,
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Assertive and driven
- Resilient and committed
- Inspires and nurtures growth
- Integrity and ethics
Physical & Other:
- Travel within and Outside Nigeria may be required.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: Ensure that the subject of your email is the Job Title
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant positions.