Job Title: Ticket Assistant
Job Location: Lagos
- OR – Ordinarily Resident (OR) – N3,591,291 p.a. (Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-06 In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
- NOR – Not Ordinarily Resident – AEFM – US$37,698 p.a EFM/MOH – US$31,931 (Full-Time Starting Salary) p.a. Position Grade: FP-08*
Basic Function of the Position
- The incumbent coordinates travel ticketing with other ticketing assistants: coordinates travel planning and itinerary development to ensure compliance with Government regulations and Post Management policies.
- S/he negotiates with airlines regarding reservations, ticketing, billing, fares, benefits and waivers as appropriate.
- Responsible for cross training other employees in the use of Amadeus and other applicable reservation software.
- Position directs ticket reporting activities.
- S/he maintains various travel records and files and reconciles billing information.
- All applicants MUST address each required qualification listed below with specific information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified:
- Completion of secondary school is required. Vocational training in Aviation Travel, Ticketing and Reservations is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in an airline or General Services Agency (GSA) is required.
- Level III (Good working knowledge) Speaking/Writing/Reading in English is required. Level III (Good working knowledge) Speaking in Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa is required. Language proficiency will be tested.
- Knowledge of airline reservations procedures, airport codes, and classes of ticket is required. Good working knowledge of Customs, Immigration and Port Health authority’s procedures for navigation within the airport is required.
- Must have strong writing skills to draft correspondence to Airlines, Embassies, and hotels.
- Good computer skills (MS word and spreadsheet), other reservation software and IATA Certification are required. Must be able to use radio network, laptop and /or tablet.
Hiring Preference Selection Process
When qualified, applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP**
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of the most recent Member Copy Four (4) of the DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, and, if applicable, a letter from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
- If claiming conditional eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference, applicants must submit proof of conditional eligibility.
- If the written documentation confirming eligibility is not received in the HR office by the closing date of the vacancy announcement, the U.S. Veterans’ preference will not be considered in the application process.
- Mission HR’s decision on eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference after reviewing all required documentation is final.
- This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP.
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current OR employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply. Current OR employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to apply
- Current NOR employees hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA) or a Personal Service Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless they have a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule
- The candidate must be able to obtain and hold the local security certification after selection.
- Candidates who are EFMs, USEFMs, AEFMs, or MOHs must have at least one year remaining on their sponsor’s tour of duty to be considered eligible to apply for this position.
Apply Before: 16th March, 2017.
How to Apply:
*Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus,
- Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. transcripts, degrees, NYSC certificate/exemption etc.)
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
- Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail not larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures.
- E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
Submit Application to: [email protected]
Click here to download the Position Descriptions (PDF)
Click here to download Application Form for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174) (PDF 1.78 MB)
Click here to download the Instructions for Completing DS-174 (PDF 2.40 MB)
- Mailed (paper/hard copies) applications will NOT be accepted.
- All not ordinarily resident applicants must have the required work and residency permits to be eligible for Consideration. A U.S. Citizen EFM does not have to be residing in country to be considered, but the sponsoring officer under chief of mission (com) authority does have to Be assigned officially to post.
- Due to the high volume of applications received, we will only contact applicants who are being considered. Thank you for your understanding.