Job Title: Exams Training and Quality Assistant
Job Location: Lagos
The Company: The British Council is the world’s leading cultural relations organization and creates opportunities for people in the UK and worldwide to understand each other, to work together and learn from one another. We see this as crucial to building secure, more prosperous and sustainable futures for us all. We build trust and understanding between different countries and cultures and develop strong international links that are of benefit to people in Britain and the rest of the world.
- Completed secondary education to ‘A’ level standard or equivalent.
- University Degree in any subject
Purpose of Job
- Venue Staff Management is a key factor in the success of the British Council’s Examinations Operation in Nigeria. This post will implement and support all key processes related to venue staff management and play a key role in ensuring that global quality standards are maintained.
- This post is part of the Venue Staff Unit which manages the recruitment, training, scheduling and payment process of venue staff who work for the British Council’s Examinations Services Department in Nigeria.
- As an Exams Training and Quality Assistant in the Exams Training Unit, s/he will work closely with colleagues working in the examinations operations teams around the country who manage exam day delivery and related activity. Their role will be to make sure that operations teams have the required number of invigilators in the right venue at the right time.
- As part of the venue staff unit, s/he will also be responsible for ensuring that venue staff themselves receive high levels of customer service. They will work closely with external vendors who manage various aspects of the venue staff management process on our behalf. S/he will need to maintain high quality records related to all aspects of venue staff management in Nigeria.
- The post holder will be part of a team of two in Lagos who manages venue staff in Nigeria ensuring quality and compliance as well as control of income and expenditure to deliver on target. This role will assist the Exams Training Manager in training of venue staff in Nigeria.
- Working together
- Making it happen
- Being Accountable
- Creating shared purpose
- Connecting with others
- Shaping the future
Skills and Knowledge:
- Managing People
- Communicating and Influencing
- Planning and Organising
- Using Technology
- Dealing with customers and enquiries in a service environment and providing service within quality standards.
- Working with confidential materials
- Working quickly and accurately to tight deadlines.
- Experience of managing/supervising a group of people to achieve a specific purpose.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
(Including People Management and Finance)
- Provide administrative support to procurement, contract and vendor management activities of the team.
- Provide support to Training Manager in developing, standardizing and delivering training to support examination delivery and CS teams.
- Provide high standard of customer service to our clients and candidates through adequate venue staff management- ensuring they have the right knowledge and skills required to deliver.
- People Management
- Promote on-the-job learning and a culture of continuous professional development within the examinations team.
- Keep a record of all training in the exams team for review – especially for Quality and Compliance Assessment (QCA), audit and investment reviews.
- To provide administrative support in the delivery of training, workshops, seminars and any other project related services in line with Exams Quality Standards (EQS)
Venue Staff Management :
- Support the Exams Training Manager and HR in ensuring venue staff are recruited and trained to corporate standards and keeps appropriate records of such.
- Responsible for operation of the online venue staff management system (BOSS).
- Manage venue staff set up process on SAP
- Assist Exams Training Manager in monitoring of Venue staff
- Carry out all administrative tasks related to the preparation of contracts for venue staff, ensure they are stored in an accessible manner
- Ensure all venue staff are issued with appropriate invigilator identification.
- Make travel and accommodation arrangements for venue staff in outreach cities
- Support Exams Training manager and HR in tracking, analysing and reporting on venue staff performance.
- Raise purchase orders for vendors and monitor to ensure process compliance.
Information Knowledge Management:
- Manage information created and received in compliance with the Council’s information management standards, policies, the UK Data Protection Principles and local legislation.
- To regularly attend staff meetings to both gain and impart knowledge about our customers, products and services
- Any other relevant duty as assigned.
- Internal: Exams Training Manager, Nigeria Exams Team, Country Exams Manager, Deputy Country Exams Manager, HR Business Partner, Finance team
- External: Venue Staff, IELTS Examiners and Clerical Markers, venue suppliers, vendors
Other Important Features or Requirements of the Job
(E.g. Travel, Unsocial/Evening Hours, Restrictions on Employment Etc)
- Travel to visit/inspect examination venues. Occasional travel to Lagos/Abuja/Kano and global destinations for training (receiving and giving). Overnight stays and weekend working may be required.
- Examinations take place on Saturdays, and early starts are sometimes required. Examination deadlines are absolute, so out of hours late working may be required to meet deadlines.
Apply Before: 9th March, 2017.