Nigerian Bottling Company Limited invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant positions below:
- Automation / Electrical Engineer
- Automation/Electrical Technician
- Utility Engineer
- Utility Technician – Borno, Imo, Lagos and Rivers
- Plant Engineer
- Quality Assurance Manager
- Maintenance Planner
- Shift Maintenance Controller
- Maintenance Systems Engineer
- Plant Spare parts Storekeeper
Nigerian Bottling Company Limited Recruitment for Automation / Electrical Engineer
Job Title: Automation / Electrical Engineer
Job Reference: AE/02/2017
Functional Areas: Engineering
- Ensures optimized equipment performance by maintaining / improving equipment and line controls.
- Drives innovation and improvement.
- Manages people and resources to ensure uncompromised safety, availability and quality while minimizing the impact on the environment.
- Participates in organization – and executes annual overhaul of production lines.
- Improves reliability and efficiencies by ensuring optimal execution of maintenance tasks.
- Participates in developing business plans targeting productivity improvement and increased cost efficiency
- Contributes to preparation- and controls area of responsibility related maintenance budget ensuring sufficient funds to cover all routines and initiatives reflected in strategy & operational plans.
- Actively participates and ensures the implementation of various infrastructure or process optimization projects
- Effectively applies business performance review (E2020) management routine
- Optimizes the availability of assets to operation
- Evaluates effectiveness of corrective actions using all available data&
- Maintains effective systems to ensure CC Hellenic/TCCC products and package quality
- Prepares, presents and interprets Maintenance KBI’s, makes recommendations which result in increased productivity and efficiency; reduces cost and improves customer satisfaction Achievement of business targets by optimal use of labour and materials
- Analyses cost centre variances and investigates ways to improve cost performance
- Understands and controls main cost drivers in Maintenance
- Ensures full use of SAP Plant Maintenance module to be able to monitor cost and execution of maintenance activities
- Builds maintenance teams’ capabilities through implementation of training and development programs
- Ensures IDP’s are in place and executed for all direct reports
- Ensures training programmes are attended by all nominated team members.
- Follows up implementation of leanings
- Develops unit capabilities to achieve maximum utilization of technology and equipment
- Effectively applies approved selection and development tools for recruitment and development of employees
- Develops and coaches, and provides feedback to team members for better performance and develops successors
- Communicates unit strategy and ensures that all unit members understand and accept it
- Leads processes, systems and people side of all change initiatives in the unit
- Sets stretching but achievable objectives for all people in the unit
- Addresses poor performers quickly at all levels
- Engagement plan implementation leads to constant Engagement index improvement
- Lives and promotes company values and culture, and helps employees to understand and embrace them
- Personally lives the Company values and Code of Business Conduct and demonstrates them consistently
- Implements performance management systems with discipline in order to ensure that all first-line managers deliver full performance
- Regularly updates team members on company processes, changes and initiatives
- Establishes and maintains productive relationships with team, internal customers, peers, institutions, suppliers
- Builds productive relationships with the employee/ union representatives
- Builds and re-reinforces relationships with Production, Quality Assurance, Engineering, Production Planning
- Ensures continuous process improvement by exploring Group and industry benchmark and employees input
- Listens to and encourages employee recommendations and implements the ones delivering values quickly
- Learns and implements best practices from outside and shares own best practices within CC Hellenic
- Promotes process automation and use of technology
- Ensure all Health, Safety & Environment policies and procedures are in place and followed
- Ensures all work is carried out in a safe and appropriate manner by maintenance personnel and service/contractor personnel
- Ensures Maintenance impact on environment is minimized and within the CC Hellenic and regulatory limits
- Implements and provides disciplined monitoring and reporting regarding the implementation of labour legislation, certification standards, CC Hellenic/TCCC CSR Practices and international agreements
- Plays a leading role in implementing communication and actions which put the Quality First (product, behaviour, communication, etc.)
- Ensures property and loss prevention
Desired Candidate Profile
- University degree in Electrical/Controls/Electronics/Automation Engineering required .
- 5 years working experience in the field of Automation in Industry dealing with Siemens & Omron PLCs, Danfoss, Omron, Siemens variable fre drives VFDs, sensors, PLC programming skills and ability to effectively read and understand wiring plans plus PLC user programs and comments thereof.
- Experience in budgeting Experience in people management
- Experience in execution of projects such as: line commissioning, annual maintenance planning Basic Knowledge of a bottling organization: Planning, Manufacturing, Quality, Environment, Engineering, Health and Safety Operational planning expertise/experience
- Delegation skills Understanding of financial impact of decisions
- Ability to think in terms of functional sustainability rather than short term wins
- Ability to select and assess first-line managers
- Coaching direct reports and mentoring others
- Ability to empower managers
- Ability to translate function strategy into unit/section’s plan
- Ability to lead and manage change
- Ability to set standards for management performance
- High integrity Ability to build relationships to improve results
- Ability to understand what drives peers in other units
- Open-minded and willing to experiment and try new things
- Intellectual curiosity
- Ability to disseminate and enforce safety, health & environment policy
- Ability to implement quality and health, safety & environment improvements
Application Closing Date
9th March, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant positions.