Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant positions below:
- Associate Program Officer
- Regional Head – Ghana & Nigeria
- Program Officer
Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa Recruitmnet for Associate Program Officer
Job Title: Associate Program Officer – Nigeria
Job Reference NG 03/2017
- Reporting to the Program Officer – Nigeria, the Associate Program Officer (APO) will contribute to agricultural transformation by creating partnerships and managing grant making at local level.
- The role will be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with government at local and national level to design and implement agricultural transformation initiatives.
- Work with private sector at local level to upgrade agricultural value chains and expand market opportunities for smallholder farmers.
- Coordinate with other players to create synergies between AGRA funded programs and other agricultural initiatives.
- Identify opportunities for collaboration with small, medium and large agribusinesses in the geography;
- Assist the Program Officer to create road maps documenting the resources and constraints to agricultural transformation.
- Assist in the identification of opportunities for investments via competitive grants.
- Coordinate capacity building of grantees in data capturing, management and reporting.
- Work closely with the Program Officer to jointly design and implement strategies for disseminating improved crop varieties.
- Monitor, evaluate and supervise grantee activities.
- Provide regular periodic reports as may be required.
- Carry out administrative functions such as coordination of periodic audit, stakeholder forums etc.
- Documenting and knowledge-sharing of the success stories, best practices and lessons learnt.
Key Qualifications and Experience required
- A Master’s Degree in Agriculture or related disciplines with deep knowledge in seed systems, market access or other relevant areas of the agriculture value chain.
- Minimum of 7 years experience in agri-business and development efforts in Africa.
- Experience in managing multinational initiatives in the private and/or public sector with a sound knowledge of, and experience in agricultural trade development at national, regional and/or international level.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a team orientation and strong collaborative skills.
- An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the responsibilities of the position will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Application Closing Date
10th March, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application with a detailed CV (including your e-mail and telephone contacts) to: noting to quote the job reference number.
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant positions.