Job Title: Industrial Engineer.
Job Location: Lagos.
Gland Oil & Gas (GOG) is an independent oil and gas company focused on production, development and gas exploration. We are oil finders, driven to unlock significant new petroleum systems, and to grow and mature discovered hydrocarbon basins through additional exploration success, as well as development and production.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS) in Industrial Engineering and two to five years practical experience in any machine oriented background, required; preferably in a sawmill environment as an Industrial Engineer. Six Sigma knowledge is a plus.
- Ability to design, develop, implement and improve integrated systems that included people, materials, information, equipment and cost.
- Capable of performing root cause analysis to determine cause and solutions to various technical manufacturing issues.
- Product costing knowledge and ability to identify opportunities for cost reduction.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have an intermediate skill level with Microsoft Project, Database software/Access, Excel, and Word software.
- This position requires and intermediate to advanced skill level with CAD software or any software dealing with plant layouts and process flow mapping.
- To provide process improvements, set work standards, evaluate operational costs, validate capital expenditures, document operational procedures, determine most economical process flows and perform project management functions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Identify, evaluate, and recommend changes or improvements in operational process, procedures, and equipment and provide analysis to support these changes;
- Performs process validation and maintains necessary documentation;
- Assist users in understanding and establishing baseline performance and work standards;
- Develop budget and capital expenditure plans for operational improvements;
- Manage and/or participate in project teams to achieve defined objective and deliverables through the use of standardized Company processes;
- Develop cost comparisons of alternate processes, parts, tooling, equipment, or systems within Operations;
- Performing cost studies, economic comparisons, and justification analysis;
- Lower the cost of production by eliminating wastes in both manpower and materials;
- Research, develop and implement cost reduction program;
- Direct and assist in the preparation of various reports and presentation for field and executive management;
- Develop, maintain and distribute reports as required.
Apply Before: 10th April, 2017.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: [email protected]