Palladium is looking for a Team Leader for the DFID funded ‘Support to Anti-corruption programme in Nigeria’ (ACORN). The programme will support Nigerian partners to reduce corruption through stronger incentives not to abuse government resources. ACORN is a critical part of DFID Nigeria’s enhanced approach to tackling corruption, which works to ensure that spaces and incentives for corruption are addressed throughout Nigeria’s poverty reduction system. The programme will also complement other DFID Nigeria anti-corruption programmes aimed at reducing corruption from oil revenues and in service delivery by strengthening deterrence systems through greater emphasis on enforcement and punishment.
The Team Leader acts as the central point of leadership for the programme. The Team Leader will be responsible for representing the programme with a range of Nigerian partners, government stakeholders and external organisations and individuals.
- Develop strong working relationships with the programme’s contact points in the Nigerian Government, DFID and other donor programmes in the anti-corruption space, and lead on reporting to them, through both formal and informal channels.
- Manage relationships with the host country government, counterpart agencies, project partners and stakeholders and business partners.
- Develop strong working relationships with the leadership of other development programmes, in particular those of DFID, and explore commonalities and potential synergies between ACORN and them where possible.
- Develop strong working relationships and maintain regular dialogue on programme progress and challenges with relevant Palladium staff.
Strategy and project management
- Lead with the Technical Director in the preparation of work plans and budgets; staffing plans; performance improvement plans and other plans as required
- Provide guidance, oversight and quality assurance for all project activities, outputs and deliverables.
- Assume overall responsibility for the effective implementation of work plans to ensure delivery is on time, within budget, meets client and stakeholder expectations and is contractually compliant.
- Monitor implementation progress; maintain up to date project logs and registers; work to resolve issues, manage and mitigate risks; and escalate issues and risks as appropriate.
- Develop and implement plans for results measurement, monitoring and evaluation, knowledge management, value for money analysis and communication management
Education and experience
- Educated to university degree level or above, preferably holding a Master’s degree
- At least 10 years experience in supporting public sector reform and anti-corruption in Nigeria
- Experience working with key government departments and institutions involved in anti-corruption
- Experience working with donor (preferably DFID) funded programmes
Skills and competencies
- Strong expertise in building and managing programmatic relationships with high level stakeholders from government, civil society and donors
- Strong expertise in leading complex programmes, including managing and mentoring senior members of staff
- Good understanding of governance and public administration in Nigeria
- Strong experience in managing complex teams
Deadline: 06 Mar 2017
How To Apply: Click Here to apply.
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.