Centre for Health Works Development and Research invites application from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below.
Job Title: Gender, Knowledge and Communication Advisor.
Job Location: Calabar, Nigeria
The volunteer will:
- Provide technical support to develop advocacy strategies for beneficiaries and communities
- Identify gaps in the CHEDRES existing knowledge management and learning structures
- Develop comprehensive processes and systems to create, acquire, capture, share and use knowledge to support learning that is in line with the objectives, values, and policies of CHEDRES and the organization’s partners
- Support CHEDRES in program development and fundraising strategies
- Coach and mentor CHEDRES staff on best practices for the implementation and delivery of Cuso’s Gender Equality and Social Inclusion initiatives
Educational Qualification: University degree and/ or college diploma in gender studies, social sciences, public policy, communications, business adminstration, etc.
Essential Professional Background/Competencies:
- Experience developing operational plans and strategies
- Experience in advocacy
- Experience in fundraising
- Experience in project / program coordination / management
- Demonstrated success engaging diverse stakeholders
- Strong research and analysis skills
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
Desirable Professional Background/Competencies:
- Demonstrated success in data management, the development of processes and procedures that improve organizational efficiency
- Knowledge of development and health issues, preferrably as they relate to Nigeria
- Ability to analyze and apply policy
- Experience working in a non-profit organization
Apply Before: Until filled
How to Apply: Click Here to Apply.
About The Company:
Cuso International is a development organization that works to reduce poverty and inequality through the efforts of highly skilled volunteers, collaborative partnerships and compassionate donors. We envision a world where all people are able to realize their potential, develop their skills and participate fully in society. We believe in the power of people, value diversity and take responsibility for our actions and proactively demonstrate that we work with and on behalf of others. Cuso International works in developing countries across the world. We currently have programs in eighteen countries.
About Centre for Health Works Development and Research
Our partner, the Centre for Health Works, Development and Research is a not-for-profit organization that was established to promote family health; especially women’s health and rights, good governance and community development through the empowerment of women, children and youth.