Chemonics invites application from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below.
Job Title: Chief of Party
Job Location: Lagos.
Job years of experience: 5-10 years
Description: Chemonics seeks a public financial management service delivery team leader for an anticipated USAID five year local governance strengthening project in Nigeria. The project aims to increase effectiveness, accountability, and transparency of selected state and local governments. It will focus on strengthening systems to improve the delivery of services in key sectors including basic education, primary health care, and water, sanitation, and hygiene; efficiency of key governance operations; government’s responsiveness to citizen needs and priorities; and government’s and civil society’s capacity to manage conflict. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Lead a team of experts to implement project activities related to public financial management for improved service delivery, in collaboration with government counterparts
- Determine areas of focus for improvements that may include budget planning, implementation, and execution; budget transparency; domestic resource mobilization; procurement reform; internal controls, audit, and monitoring and evaluation
- Advanced degree in economics, public policy, business, finance, or a related field
- Minimum 10 years of successfully implementing projects related to service delivery and public financial management at the national and subnational levels
- Experience in a leadership role on a donor-funded project; team leader experience preferred
- Experience working with Nigerian government counterparts at the state and/or local level preferred
- Experience with tax reform in developing countries, including experience working with revenue authorities or similar institutions to improve revenue generation for service delivery
- Expertise in the modernization of budget processes including planning, execution, and monitoring and evaluation
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Experience with expenditure and procurement management reforms in developing countries, including knowledge of systems such as the Treasury Single Account, IPSAS, and e-Procurement
Please send electronic submissions of your CV and cover letter to by April 1, 2017. Please include “Public Financial Management Team Leader” in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.