Chemonics invites application from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below.
Job Title: Deputy chief of party – operations
Job Location: Nigeria.
Job Description: Chemonics seeks a deputy chief of party for operations for an anticipated USAID five year local governance strengthening project in Nigeria. The project aims to increase effectiveness, accountability, and transparency of selected state and local governments. It will focus on strengthening systems to improve the delivery of services in key sectors including basic education, primary health care, and water, sanitation, and hygiene; efficiency of key governance operations; government’s responsiveness to citizen needs and priorities; and government’s and civil society’s capacity to manage conflict. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Manage project operations teams
- Ensure that project implementation complies with client rules, regulations, and requirements
Job years of experience: 5-10 years
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, public administration, finance, law, international relations, or other relevant field; master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 10 years of progressively responsible work experience
- Minimum five years of experience managing complex activities of a similar size, preferably in West Africa
- Minimum five years of accounting and financial management experience, with additional grants management experience preferred
- Ability to oversee complex activities and manage a large project staff across multiple offices
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Ability to effectively manage a team while balancing work assignments with competing priorities
Please send electronic submissions of your CV and cover letter to by April 1, 2017. Please include “Deputy Chief of Party – Operations” in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.