British American Tobacco invites application from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below.
Job Title: Strategic Account Manager
Job Location: Ibadan
- Within the EEMEA SCSC be the owner for the Area/Zone End Markets responsible for the implementation of the EEMEA SCSC Service strategy in line with global service strategy and EEMEA business strategy
- Drive the mid-term strategy for the nominated End Markets (EM) by ensuring that their Customer Facing Teams (CFT’s) deliver to the objectives within the End Market Account Plans and Service requirements outlined in the SLA
- Provide leadership and strategic direction for their team, drive customer focused culture in support of EEMEA business deliverables.
- Represent Operations at the Commercial Area/Zone Business reviews/ End Market Top Team meetings and or Direct reporting EM’s. Working with the Area/Zone Leadership teams to translate the Commercial plans for growth and productivity into tangible action plans for operations whilst ensuring that they are aligned and fit with the EEMEA business strategy
- Strong leadership skills, with previous experience of successfully leading teams of managers
- At least 4-6 years’ experience at management level in a FMCG company, managing customer relationships and or demand management processes
- Strategic thinking, can absorb complex issues and opportunities to be able to contribute to the overall strategy balancing pro’s and con’s in several environments
- Proven Customer engagement skills
- Profound Supply Chain Knowledge
- Good analytical and planning skills
- Influential and convincing.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong cultural awareness
- Educated to degree level needed
- Knowledge of French language will be an added advantage
- On time delivery and supply of FG to achieve volume and profit targets for their respective EM’s
- Delivery of functional budget & overall Service function effectiveness
- Performance deliverables for your respective EM’s
- Conformance to SLA,
- On Time in Full (OTIF Received/Available to Clear)
- Working Capital targets (Durations and Cost),
- Contribute to the optimised EEMEA SCSC business objectives and performance by supporting the integrated SC functions
- Translate the EM’s Commercial plans for growth and productivity into operational action plans
- Complete customer account plans to manage their expectation and deliver the required service from the EEMEA SCSC to ensure the customers short and long term objectives are achieved
- Provide strategic input and insight to optimise our Cost to Serve within the EEMEA Ops Business (differentiated/segmented supply and service solutions).
- Provide operations input into EM’s annual Company Plan (e.g. Inter-company pricing and pricing rationales), continually looking at opportunities to rationalise and reduce cost for the business. Ensure the EM’s in their area of responsibility are conforming/adhering to forecast/order policy.
- Provide input and insight on behalf of EEMEA SCSC into the Commercial Area Business Review to allow informed decision making/recommendation to the Region S&OP and Regional S&I.
- Member of Area S&OP, provides inputs and recommendations for decision making by the Area S&OP
- Continuously foster customer satisfaction through optimisation of the EEMEA SCSC performance
- Continuously foster supply chain performance improvement by defining and implementing actions to improve Customer Focused KPI results.
- Escalation and resolution of all queries within the designated EM’s, so that they can be resolved within an agreed time frame
- Ensure the right balance between a standardised Supply Chain approach (standard SLA’s, standard Supply Chain processes, etc.) and a segmented Supply Chain approach (fulfilling EM’s specific needs and requirements) with a clear focus on the end-to-end Supply Chain and Customer Satisfaction
- Delivery of the business change to embed the Global Service Strategy within the scope of responsibility
- Responsible for their functional teams, (account management and service team) within the EEMEA SCSC to deliver high customer satisfaction, and conformance to customer (EM’s) SLA’s
- Create a cohesive and high-performing team with a clear end-to-end Supply Chain Approach through appropriate team building activities and training
- Challenging the status quo and act as catalyst for new ideas to deliver a competitive advantage.
- Achieves high performance by coaching and motivating people, valuing different approaches and visibly supporting team decisions whilst maximizing individual and team capabilities
- Cascade of business brief and EEMEA SCSC meeting outcomes to their Area Teams on a monthly basis
- Ensure full cross-functional commitment to Service strategies and initiatives through communication, education/awareness.
- Responsible for managing the demand planning for Finished Goods (and CRT) in their EM’s.
- Ensuring raw materials to finish product is achieved in the most flexible, cost effective and efficient way practicable, whilst satisfying EM and business needs.
- Participate in the Cluster / Demand Review meeting as part of the S&OP process (consolidate and evaluate KPI’s, initiate short and long term improvement plans, analysis of End Market volume variations and sensitivities, etc.) to provide a valid input in the EEMEA SCSC and Area S&OP meetings
- Participate in the Area Demand Review meeting as part of the S&OP process (consolidate and evaluate KPI’s, initiate short and long term improvement plans, analyse of the End Market volume variations and sensitivities) to provide an accurate and valid input in the S&OP Process.
- Ensure EM demand volume variances are accurately recorded and accounted
- Responsible for ensuring the EM’s in their Area are conforming/adhering to forecast/order policy. Understand order cycle trends and analyse the data to work with the EM to improve the quality of input
- Capture and handle, using Account Management Tools (issue log) all Area concerns, improvement plans and/or objectives at an above Area level. Review KPI’s/performance with root cause analysis – ensure action plans to drive continuous improvement
- Lead customer satisfaction for designated EM’s and ensure action plans are implemented to improve satisfaction (measured against global/regional and local KPI’s)
- Managing and understanding the EM’s expectations, strategic direction, decision makers, influencers, potential stumbling blocks etc.
- Monthly visits to Key Accounts and interaction with EM’s senior team (GM’s + Leadership Team
- Ensure that joint development plans across your End Markets are receiving the necessary focus, support and resources, and that the expectations are aligned to EEMEA SCSC (Operations) strategy
- Support the CFT to ensure full EEMEA SCSC commitment to Service Strategy and initiatives through communication and education/awareness
- Support development and improvement of customer focused KPIs reporting and performance, to achieve EEMEA SCSC and End Market targets, ensuring that performance is measured and reported in a way that demonstrates commercial and competitive advantage
- Ensure ongoing adherence and alignment to the EEMEA Regional Service strategy
- Translate Area and EM’s requirements in a way that can be effectively met and not constrained by the current ways of working/set-up Identify any constraints and recommend the optimal way to meet the customer requirements. E.g. Giving Customers greater visibility of their orders within the Supply Chain, and giving Service teams improved visibility and ownership across the customer base, improved customer issue logging and resolution
Apply Before: 21-Feb-2017
How to Apply: CLICK HERE to apply online.
About The Company:
British American Tobacco is a leading tobacco group, with brands sold in more than 200 markets. We employ more than 57,000 people and, with over 200 brands in our portfolio, we make the cigarette chosen by one in eight of the world’s one billion adult smokers.