Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria invites application from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below.
Job Title: Vendor Management Officer.
Job Location: Victoria Island, Lagos.
Job ID: 537326
Qualifications and Skills:
- Strong sales and interpersonal skills with an ability and understand to talk VPP program benefits
- Ability to negotiate and understand legal agreements supporting the product
- SCF, Cash and FX competence
- Ability to engage RM, Portfolio Manager & Implementation Manager to ensure bank deliver its commitment
- Share data analytics for management decision making
- Attend industry seminars to gain market knowledge around export business
- Share best practice and benchmark with competitors as part of continuous improvement
- Fluent in English- written and verbal.
- The VMT’s primary purpose is to enrol suppliers under Global and local VPP programs.
- They will be required to take referrals from Anchor and our enrolment Website, manage the enrolment websites for each Anchor, and make reactive and pro-active calls to suppliers to facilitate interest and enrolment.
Core value proposition of Vendor Management Manager:
- Proactive marketing SCF proposition to suppliers
- Dedicated resource to enrol suppliers in a quick and easy manner
- Offering of a core function demanded by clients
- Ensuring we are competitive – all the competitors have such teams
- Growing the supplier side business where the risk metrics are strong, i.e. off-take is a large buyer
- Support banking the ecosystem and the bank’s overall growth agenda
- Bring in digital tools, i.e. video banking to enhance supplier experience
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage of the Buyers enrolment site
- Marketing to suppliers to gain interest in the program: proactive outbound calling to suppliers to engage them on SCB VPP proposition
- Work closely with Anchor Implementation Manager for supplier enrolment
- Validate pricing agreement made by Anchor RM
- Assist suppliers to understand the legal agreement
- Receive legal agreement
- Cursory check of the agreement and board resolution and other necessary documents to ensure they are in order
- Send for review and signoff said documents
- Coordinate systems setup
- Train suppliers on the system
- Monitor anchor website visit by suppliers to analyse number of suppliers visited/contacted/enrolled
- Periodic outbound proactive calling in managing service experience, resolving issues, etc. related to payment/invoice, etc.
- Work closely with RM, Portfolio Managers and Implementation Managers to ensure enrolment is completed on-time & in-full
- Post enrolment, hand over to CSG for day-to-day servicing
- Hand over to EMT/CB/BB RM for cross-selling
- Comply with ORF guidelines
Apply Before: Not Specified.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply online
Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria – We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group’s people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture.
We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.