International Organization for Migration (IOM) invites application from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant positions below:
- Project Manager (Humanitarian Hubs)
- Programme Manager (Shelter)
- Project Officer (Camp and Displacement Management)
- Programme Officer (CCCM/Capacity Building)
International Organization for Migration Recruitment for Project Manager (Humanitarian Hubs)
Job Title: Project Manager (Humanitarian Hubs)
Location: Maiduguri, Nigeria
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P3
Type of Appointment : Special short-term graded, Six months with possibility of extension
- Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission in Abuja, the direct supervision of the Head of Sub-Office in Maiduguri and in coordination with the Emergency coordinator on issues related to the emergency response in North-east Nigeria, the successful candidate will be responsible for the overall management of the Humanitarian Hubs in North-east Nigeria.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Coordinate with partners and agencies regarding the development and needs within the Humanitarian Hubs.
- Ensure the Humanitarian Hubs have adequate facilities and the compounds are functioning.
- Coordinating the hiring, training and supervising of all personnel related to the running and management of the Humanitarian Hubs, including Facilities Manager, cleaners and administrative staff.
- Develop and implement administrative procedures, manuals and guidelines on humanitarian hub operations and document best practices.
- Monitor and assist with cost recovery, provide the necessary coordination with the invoices received as required.
- Contribute in making strategic recommendations and developing plans to achieve objectives.
- Review proposals for additional requests for space and ensure best practices for all standards within the Humanitarian Hubs.
- Management of resources and participates in the budget/spending plans.
- Prepare regular progress reports to share with the relevant and intended parties.
- Perform such other duties as may be required.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in Political or Social Sciences, International Relations, Business Administration, Law or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in project implementation in post conflict or transitional situations;
- Previous related experience in North East Nigeria field operations is an advantage;
- Project implementation and supervision experience at the field level required;
- Experience in coordinating with managing other programme units and ability to establish and maintain working relations with government counterparts, UN agencies;
- Experience working with National NGO partners to build their capacity to influence the development of civil society in Nigeria;
- Knowledge and experience of UNDSS procedures an advantage
- Experience within the United Nationals Common System and the International Humanitarian Field;
- Excellent drafting skills;
- Work experience in a resource-limited setting and rapidly changing environment, ideally in the Central and West Africa region.
- Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of any local language is an advantage.
Desirable Competencies – Behavioral:
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter;
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegian team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
- Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Application Closing Date
15th February, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant positions.