Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) is seeking for outstanding candidates to apply for the position below.
Job Title: Undertaking Manager – Ifako Undertaking
Job Location: Lagos
Role Purpose: Overall responsibility of the activities of the Undertaking, to drive financial and operational performance
Reporting To: Business Manager
- University degree in Engineering, Business Administration or any related field
- A master’s degree in Business (ideally with a concentration in general management) is required
- At least 10 – 12 years’ experience in a commercial environment, with at least 3 years in a management or supervisory role
- Experience in the utility (electricity) industry will be an added advantage
- Membership of a professional body in the Engineering and Marketing industry is an added advantage
- Strong understanding of the business of I.E and related businesses in the electricity sector.
- Knowledge and insights of current trends in the power sector
- Strategic planning and Business Development (services and products)
- Excellent and demonstrate knowledge of management and marketing principles
- Deep understanding of Marketing & Customer Insights
- Strong Business & Financial Acumen
- Ability to drive revenue collection and targets
- Commercial savviness
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Able to effectively & persuasively present information to top management, customers, and employees
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Ensure smooth functioning of the undertaking’s day to day operations
- Ensures the smooth functioning of the undertaking’s day to day operations
- Ensures overall coordination and functioning of all Technical and Commercial operations in the Undertaking
- Responsible for driving revenue collection within the UT
- Ensure that various commercial and customer service related targets are achieved within the Undertaking
- Promotes quality of service delivery and ensures that all necessary steps are taken to maximize commercial operations performance within the Undertaking
- Ensures the overall delivery of satisfactory customer service, investigating and resolving escalated customer complaints.
- Responsible for overall accountability of energy delivered to the Undertaking on a monthly basis
- Effective and accurate billing of energy delivered
- Ensures Undertaking operations are in compliance with the Ikeja Electric’s policies
- Performs viability and engineering load survey of new substations/distribution transformers
- General housekeeping of the injection sub stations
- Ensures that all faults and complaints are resolved in compliance with safety standards
- Ensures overall coordination of the Undertaking stores materials availability i.e. inventory management
- Ensures provision of adequate resources for various activities of the Undertaking
- Renders periodic information / reports to the Business Unit or the Head Office as required
- Defines KPIs and performance targets for line reports within the Undertaking
- Responsible for preparing and monitoring the Undertaking annual budget
- Ensures overall responsibility for all Human Resources, Administrative and Security related activities/ resources in the Undertaking
- Monitors the Undertaking performance through key performance measures
- Creates a harmonious working environment, mentors staff and motivates all team members to perform efficiently
- Acts as a capable representative of the organization at the Undertaking level
- Performs any other duties as requested by the Business Manager.
Apply Before:8th February, 2017.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply online
Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, Ikeja Electricity Distribution Plc (Ikeja Electric), Nigeria’s largest power distribution network powers lives and businesses with innovation and unwavering drive for excellence. The company began its new phase of growth and expansion on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.