Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) invites application from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant positions below:
- Graduate Logistics Assistant
- Graduate Procurement Officer
- Graduate Logistics Officer
- Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant
- Training Specialist – Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA)
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Recruitment for Graduate Logistics Assistant.
Job Title: Logistics Assistant
Location: Monguno, Borno
- The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters, NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs.
- In light of the displacement in the north eastern part of Nigeria, NRC is about to start up an emergency response programme in Nigeria to respond to the humanitarian needs.
- In the coming months, the main focus for NRC would be conflict affected populations including IDPs, returnees and the local communities in Borno State. NRC will initially be starting activities in the area of food security, water and sanitation and shelter/NFI sectors. NRC is therefore seeking a Logistics Assistant to support programme implementation for NRC Country Office in Abuja – Nigeria. The Logistics Assistant reports to the Logistics Coordinator – Maiduguri.
Tasks and General Responsibilities
- Oversee the receiving, storage and dispatching of supplies and project materials to the respective project sites
- Ensure that all records including inventory lists, stock cards & bin cards of NRC items and equipment are updated and easily available to authorized users
- Check that proper documentation (export docs, waybills, packing lists, etc.) are completed and accompanying all consignments dispatched to the field.
- Maintain accurate stock control and records at all times, conduct monthly physical stock
- Make sure all facilities used for warehousing are secure, properly organised.
- Ensure that at all times the warehouse is tidy and clean
- Update and submit the weekly stock report to the Logistics Coordinator
- Ensure that equipment such as cameras, projector, radios, satphones not in use are securely locked down when not in use.
- Ensure proper handover, including signatures, for all equipment allocated to NRC employees.
- Ensure the compilation of all relatives document of Assets management as per NRC policy (Loss and damage report, Asset transfer form, Donation certificate, Sale of equipment form, etc.)
- Assist the Logistics Coordinator in ensuring that all records are tracked in the NRC asset register.
- Ensure the NRC Asset number tagging of each new asset in collaboration with Logistics Coordinator
- Responsible for vehicles and generators fleet management, including daily management of drivers.
- Ensure Fleet Management is done in accordance with NRC standard practices.
- Submit monthly Car Pool Report to supervisor
- Follow up fuel supply for NRC automotive and make sure all NRC automotive end/start each month with full tank.
- Make sure all vehicles have and use logbooks, collect logbooks end of each month and compile information to the Logistics Coordinator.
- Monitor the movement board; follow up with drivers the use of the movement board.
- Prepare and share plans, records and reports as required (e.g. status reports, inventory lists
- Implement a filing system/archives according to local requirements
- Conduct spot checks, and regular stock counts
- Ensure NRC stocks/assets management system are in place and followed at field level
- Ensure all NRC assets/premises are in good conditions and monitor maintenance/repairs if required.
- Relevant university degree, or other relevant educational background combined with relevant professional experience.
- Minimum 1-year experience from working as Logistics Assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Good communication in English
- Good negotiation skills
- Compliance with NRC and donor policies, procedures and systems which are related to Logistics
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect – All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
- Commencement: February 2017
- Contract period: 11 months (Till 31st December 2017)
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s directions
Application Closing Date
5th February, 2017.
How to Appy
Interested and qualified candidate should submit their application letter, updated CV and a copy of valid means of national identification (National Passport, Driver’s License, National Identity Card or Voter’s Card) to:
- The title of the position (Logistics Assistant- Maiduguri) must be indicated in the subject line of your e-mail. Please notice that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Any application received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Please notice that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- To apply at NRC is FREE!!
- NRC does not ask for money or any form of favour for submission of application or employment.
- The Norwegian Refugee Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Women are particularly encouraged to apply to this position.
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant positions.