RusselSmith Group invites application from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant positions below:
- Accounts Coordinator
- Cost Control Officer
- Facilities Assistant
- Graphic Officer
- Coordinator, People Services
- Graduate Creative Designer
Accounts Coordinator at RusselSmith Group
Job Title: Accounts Coordinator
Job Reference Code: FIN-17-001
Job Type: Full-Time
Summary of Functions
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review incoming invoices/check requests/credit card charges and accompanying documentation for accuracy and proper authorization/approval.
- Reconcile operational project cost after payment crediting entry to insure all job cost entries have a proper cost code number and have been entered correctly.
- Maintain master vendor list verifying new vendors are properly authorized.
- Maintain the insurance payment database. Track company’s licenses and insurance to insure both remain current.
- Identify expenditures where an invoice has not been submitted for processing.
- Coordinates the processing of cash advances, retirement and reimbursements. Audit expense reimbursements and retirements
- Reconcile credit card statements and open payables after each check run
- Maintenance of accounting records files for accounts payable vouchers and deposits worksheets, including archiving of records.
- Prepares an annual account analysis and payment of taxes
- Backup function for daily bank deposits and other functions as needed.
- Process accounts payable and generate weekly check run for multiple entities
- Review payment submissions for general ledger account coding and approval signature
- Ensure compliance with established company policies and procedures and incorporate procedural changes when necessary
- Code vendor invoices with proper general ledger codes
- Maintain either electronic database or physical register of invoices
- Coordinates and reviews the maintenance of records within the department
- Build and maintain effective relationships with internal customers through timely and accurate payment and response to inquiries.
- Review general ledger account reconciliations, journal entries and accruals to ensure the timely completion of month-end closing processes.
- Prepares reports on check registers and credit card statements as appropriate
- Partner with other departments to manage the accurate and timely processing of all transactions and companywide inquiries.
- Coordinating the transaction processing of invoices and payments from a control and efficiency viewpoint.
- Initiates process improvements, performs analysis and management control activities necessary for the smooth operations of the accounts payable, expense report, and corporate credit card functions.
- Review exception queues for Accounts Payable and expense reporting, and research and resolve to meet payment terms and in accordance with closing deadlines with a strong focus on reducing exceptions.
- Ensure that transactions processed are in compliance with RusselSmith policies and procedures, including IFRS requirements.
- Review, and modify as approved key controls, create/maintain process flows and documentation for assigned responsibilities and adhere to controls.
- Assist with External and Internal Audits. Ensure all requests from auditors are completed on a timely basis. Review findings and provide recommendations for remediation
- Facilitate the on boarding process for new employees and instill a basic understanding of RusselSmith Accounts Payable and expense reporting policies and procedures to new hires.
- Ensure all transactions are appropriately accounted for and reconciled in the general ledger.
- Collaborate with the Procurement, Commercial and QAQC teams to ensure efficient process and communications.
- Serve as the primary customer contact regarding Accounts Payable and travel and expense issues with a focus on providing exemplary customer service.
- Perform assigned Accounts Payable account reconciliations in accordance with established deadlines. Research and resolve reconciling items in a timely manner.
- Develop, implement and monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), generate monthly reports and analyze results, explain variances and develop action plan to remediate issues and/or risks.
- Focus on continuous improvement and exemplary customer service.
- Generate various accounts payable reports for internal and external distribution as necessary
- Interact regularly and professionally with other departments and vendors. Provides assistance and responses to inquiries regarding accounts payable and/or assist in issue resolution
- Coordinate the distribution of vendor checks as well as email alert of account crediting
- Facilitate completion of financial objectives established by the CFO, Finance Controller and the Finance Manager.
- Provide support as needed to CFO and Financial Controller.
- Perform other duties and or ad-hoc tasks as requested or assigned
- A good first degree in accounts
- At least 4years of related accounting experience.
- Professional certification- ACCA, CFA, ACA is desirable
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Good team spirit and project management skills
- Good administrative, relational and problem solving skills
- Strong quantitative skills such as statistics and data analysis skills
- Good reasoning skills; multi-tasking skills and organizational skills
- Exhibits initiative, responsibility and flexibility
- Good supervisory skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Tools. Strong analytical and data analysis skills
- Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety and security—the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Document Control – Reviewing and keeping records of transaction of sale and purchase goods and services
- Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential. Sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing, vision and speaking within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, to receive information and to prepare or inspect documents.
- No heavy lifting is expected. Exertion of up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally may be required. Good manual dexterity for the use of office equipment such as computer, calculator and copiers.
- The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting.
- Extended periods of sitting and extensive work at a computer monitor and/or calculator.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply online
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant positions.