Dangote Group is seeking applications from outstanding candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fireman / Fire Engine Driver
Job Location: Any City, Nigeria
- Minimum of SSCE with relevant Fire/Safety certificate or Minimum of 4 years relevant experience in a similar position.
- Candidate for this position must have current Driver’s License for Fire Engine categories of trucks.
- Satisfactorily demonstration use of firefighting skills with Mercedes Benz Actros 2031.
- Relevant professional certification will be an added advantage
- Carry-out routine fire patrol across the terminal.
- Ensuring that all emergency and fire flghting equipment are in a ready and fit-to-use state at all times.
- Turn out to every fire scene within the terminal and outside the terminal as shall be directed.
- Initiate the firefighting/ fire suppression through the deployment of equipment not limited to the fire engine alone. Carry-out V daily routine maintenance checks on the fire appliance, water tanker and other ancillary equipment.
- Responsible for replenishing water and foam compound in the fire appliance after every turn out. Responsible for driving the fire engine/water tanker,to and fro every fire scene and for other operations as shall be directed.
- Participate in salvage and rescue operations to limit loss/injury tO equipment and personal during any incident. V
- Perform stand-by duties to monitor discharge/loading operations of flammables and volatile chemicals. Conduct fire evacuation drills bi-annually and ensure good awareness of the terminal’s emergency procedures.
- Carry-out other duties as assigned. Competence Requirements Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- Detail orientation
Apply Before: 21st February, 2017.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications to: [email protected]
- Specify the position you are applying for as subject of the mail e.g Job Title: Fireman / Fire Engine Driver
- Only successful candidates will be contacted.
- Applicants must inform their Line Managers/Supervisors before they apply.
The Dangote Group is a diversified and fully integrated conglomerate with interests across a range of sectors in Nigeria and Africa. Current interests include Cement, Sugar, Flour, Salt, Pasta, Beverages, Noodles, Poly Products, Transportation and Real Estate, Oil and Gas, Telecommunication, Fertilizer and Steel sector of the economy.