Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) is recruiting for Distribution Linesman-Mate.
Job Title: Distribution Linesman-Mate
Job Location: Lagos.
Reporting To: Operations & Maintenance Technical Services (Undertaking & Business Unit)
Role Purpose: The Role of the Distribution Linesman-Mate is to provide support to the linesmen in performing preventive as well as assisting in planned maintenance schedule/ activities on the distribution network.
Qualifications: Holders of S.S.C.E, G.C.E, N.E.C.O, NABTEB, Trade Test I,II,III or equivalent with credit passes in five science subjects including English Language, Mathematics and Physics.
Years of Experience: Not more than 30 years old.
- Support experienced linesmen in performing operations and maintenance tasks within the network.
- Assists linesman in clearing electrical faults.
- Acts as custodian of line tools and materials at site, and ensuring clean and safe keeping after the day’s work.
- Participates in performing line patrol and periodic maintenance of the right-of-way of new construction or existing lines, where necessary.
- Participates in relocating, rebuilding, and adding poles on existing lines where necessary.
- Provide assistance to the linesmen during replacement and repair of service drops, as directed.
- Carries out all work in accordance with the company’s standards, policies and procedures
- Adhere to HSEQ policy and issued safety instructions in performing assigned task.
- Perform any other duty as requested by the Linesman/ Supervisor
- Good climbing skills
- Physical Agility and Stamina
- Good Communication Skills
- High Level of Integrity
- Team Player.
Apply Before:30th January, 2017.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply online
Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, Ikeja Electricity Distribution Plc (Ikeja Electric), Nigeria’s largest power distribution network powers lives and businesses with innovation and unwavering drive for excellence. The company began its new phase of growth and expansion on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.