Jumia Nigeria is recruiting for Video Editor / Motion Graphics.
Job Title: Video Editor / Motion Graphics.
Job Location: Lagos.
Qualifications & Experiences:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Cinematography, Communications or related Arts from a recognized and accredited University
- Minimum of 2 year proven experience with portfolio that demonstrates your ability to turn raw ideas into beautiful and compelling content.
- Experience working in the technology field, understanding the business and customer goals for a consumer audience, and translating those goals into conversational, engaging content for customers.
- Proficient with Premiere Pro, After Effects, and other Adobe Creative programs.
- Full understanding of video specs: resolution, frame rate, audio formats, aspect ratio, and bit-rate settings
- Design/Agency/VFX/Advertising or Studio background is a bonus
- Adequate knowledge of the E commerce Industry
- Demonstrated knowledge of social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snap-chat, etc.
- As Video Editor/Motion Graphics, your responsibility is to skilfully transform recorded footage into a finished video, suitable for broadcasting on approved media, using a combination of dialogue, sound effects, graphics and special effects to merge sight and sound in order to tell a cohesive story.
- You will also be responsible for creating concepts, graphics and layouts for motion graphics projects.
- Manipulate and edit video pieces in a way that is invisible to the audience
- Edit short-form videos that include junkets, sit-down interviews, mash-ups, event coverage, sizzles and more
- Create videos in various lengths and formats for multiple platforms and social channels
- Collaborate with producers/social media strategists to brainstorm and create disruptive, social first content that is optimized for sharing and the intended social platform.
- Review shooting script and raw material to create a shot decision list based on scenes’ value and contribution to continuity
- Responsible for on-site film production, motion graphics, video editing, and audio editing.
- Ensure logical sequencing and smooth running.
- Consult with stakeholders from production to post-production process.
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency.
- Maintains all edit equipment, trouble shoots problems, and actively facilitates repairs.
Apply Before: Not specified.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply online
- Proven video editing ability with a strong portfolio.
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. Adobe Creative Suites (After Effects, Premier Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator), Avid Media Composer, Light works, and Final Cut)
- Creative mind and storytelling abilities
- Ability to make appropriate music selection for production.
- Must be familiar with special effects, 3D and compositing.
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation and continuity.
- Strong attention to details, schedules, editorial flow, and all phases of video.
Jumia is Nigeria’s number one online shopping destination where you can shop the widest selection of electronics, fashion, home appliances, kid’s items and more in Nigeria and have them shipped directly to your home or office at your convenience! We offer free nationwide delivery, free returns and have several convenient payment options to choose from, either with your debit/credit cards or cash on delivery. With affordable prices and great products, Jumia lets you enjoy an awesome shopping experience with your order sent directly to your doorstep. No muss, no fuss, super convenience guaranteed. We employ the best people, processes and technology to provide all our customers with authentic products and first-class services.