Law Union & Rock Insurance Plc is recruiting for IT Auditor.
Job Title: IT Auditor
Job Location: Lagos
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science / Management Information Systems, Accounting, Business or equivalent combination of related work experience and education
- Advanced degree in Computer Science / Management Information Systems or equivalent education.
- Completion of CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor)
- Insurance audit experience
- Minimum of 2 years of internal or external IT auditing experience.
- Experience in the Big Four Audit firm would be an added advantage.
- Reviews internal controls throughout the company by evaluating the adequacy of system controls and recommends improvements.
- Reviews IT, operational and business risks, functions and activities, and evaluates the operating effectiveness of IT Controls within the organisation.
- Performs information control reviews to include system development standards, operating procedures, system security, programming controls, communication controls, backup and disaster recovery, and system maintenance.
- Designs audit procedures to execute the annual audit plan, assess controls and to meet audit objectives.
- Prepares quarterly IT audit reports and obtain management responses
- Obtains, analyzes and appraises supporting data utilizing the core insurance applications.
- Recommends revisions to audit procedures to enhance efficiencies.
- Evaluates the adequacy and timeliness of management’s response and the corrective action taken on significant audit recommendations.
- Assists and trains other audit staff in the use of computerized audit techniques, and in developing methods for review and analysis of computerized information systems.
- Follows up on audit findings to ensure that management has taken corrective action(s).
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Head, Internal Audit & Control.
- Proficient in using computer software (e.g., ACL, SQL, Excel) and application systems
- Advanced knowledge of auditing processes/procedures
- Ability to share and impart knowledge
- Ability to balance detail with departmental goals/objectives
- Ability to coordinate and perform multiple tasks/projects simultaneously, balancing priorities and deliverables.
- Competent interpersonal skills, demonstrating the ability to lead projects and mentor others
- Ability to evaluate business processes and IT technology, identify risks and evaluate controls.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- Advanced investigative and analytical skills
- Ability to translate business needs and problems into viable and accepted solutions.
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work well within a team environment and participate in department projects.
Apply Before: 3rd February, 2017.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s and application to: email@example.com
Law Union & Rock is one of the first generation Insurance Companies to open office in Nigeria six decades ago. We began operations in Nigeria in 1951 as a Chief Agency when the late Sir Mobolaji Bank-Anthony held the power of Attorney for Royal International Insurance Holding, a U.K leading Insurance Company [the first Nigerian to have such authority