APM Terminals is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Shift Engineer.
Job Location: Rivers State.
- Requires a high school diploma and additional vocational/technical education-diploma in Mechanical, Electrical engineering.
- Must be experience in equipment with high hydraulic pressure (200 to 450 bars)
- Additional training in both electrical and mechanical fields is preferred.
- Understanding of safe working practices in an industrial environment and understanding of the shipping business or maritime background are strong asses
- Requires knowledge and ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and schematics, service & parts manuals for various equipment.
- Ability to coordinate and handle several tasks at the same time / multitasking.
- Must be able to troubleshoot / diagnose / identify electrical, mechanical and hydraulic and pneumatic problems, and provide direction for solutions.
- Capable of conducting technical training
- Requires at least five to seven years of general supervisory experience in general maintenance section. Must have specific knowledge of electrical, electronic and mechanical and related subjects.
- Requires knowledge of wide range of electrical equipment, industrial control systems, variable drive systems, and mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic systems and their controls.
- Supervises mechanical and electrical maintenance, repair and service activities, including inspection units, machinist, welders/fabricators, tire repair, etc.
- Supervises and follow up reefer technicians & their activities
- Provides information and reports on daily equipment availability, hourly functionality, and repair status & shift reports.
- Makes recommendations on recruitment, discipline and promotion of employees, authorises leave and overtime, advises employees on work related problems, evaluates and assesses employee performance.
- Suggest new ideas and process improvements. Help implement new concepts and motivate the blue collar workforce
- focus on maintaining a safe working environment and address or act accordingly where needed
- Based on equipment usage plan and scheduled maintenance and repair work, liaise with operations for the availability of the equipment.
- Monitors status of preventative maintenance schedules, to ensure all PM work is being done timely.
- Ensures maximum availability of equipment is maintained for port operations.
- Plans, assigns and reviews the work of all mechanics and electricians in the terminal through the supervisors/foreman, who then supervise the work of the mechanics and electricians.
- Ensure that all necessary equipment for the operations is available prior to the beginning of the operations.
- Take ownership and responsibility to ensure that the planned operations are accomplished with the expected accuracy and efficiency and proactively act when changes or unforseen situations occur.
- Ensure that the maintenance activity information in the Log Book relevant to any work activity is recorded accurately.
- Ensure that the operations and workforce are efficiently organized in order to achieve safe, healthy and high productivity on all level
- Monitor status and performance of the equipment; propose and implement improvement in maintenance practices leading to increased overall performance (reliability & availability) of the equipment.
Apply Before: 26th January, 2017.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish Maersk Group – a Global Fortune 500 company with about 89,000 employees and offices in 130 countries with global growth opportunities in a range of fields from shipping and energy to our offshore and manufacturing
industries – Join us to achieve even your most ambitious career goals!
We are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across more than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port operations and container management services.
Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your work place.