Oxfam Nigeria is recruiting to fill the vacant positions below:
- Security and Fleet Officer
- Public Health Engineering Officer
- Logistics Officer
- Human Resources/Admin Officer
- Protection Officer
Security and Fleet Officer Job Vacancy at Oxfam Nigeria
Job Title: Security and Fleet Officer
Location: Biu/Damboa, Borno
Duration: 6 months with possibility of extension
- To ensure Oxfam has the correct security systems in place to keep staff safe in the field, to analyse security related information and support management to make informed decisions, and to manage vehicle movements.
Security management and support:
- Design/update reliable safety and Security Management System/Standard Operating Plans/Contingency Plans
- Manages the implementation of a comprehensive security and business continuity management system taking cognisance of the evolution of situations.
- Ensures that all safety and security management systems are in line with existing Oxfam security policy, protocol and approach.
- Supports the Programme Manager and Logistics Manager to determine and address security issues as they arise.
- Supports in planning and implementing risk mitigation – strategies (acceptance, deterrence, protection) in order to improve safety and security.
Fleet Management and Logistics:
- Manage all vehicle movements in Biu and Damboa, including line management of Oxfam drivers, and management of hire cars (ensure fuel controlled, safe driving, Satphones in cars, record all vehicle movements every day in both field bases)
- Manage guards and other security personnel if required
Experience and Qualifications
- University degree in Security Management, International Relations, or related discipline
- At least 3 years INGO/UN safety and risks management experience and proven leadership experience of security assessment, planning and implementation of procedures in the context of UN or NGO humanitarian operations.
- Familiarity with operational and security practices for high threat environments.
- Experience in liaising with communities, civilians, police and/or military government authorities as well as with regional institutions preferred.
- Experience in humanitarian operations, preferably within the field of information management as related to security management and operational planning
Application Closing Date
13th January, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application letter and Curriculum Vitae as one attachment in English to: [email protected] with the position title as the subject of your email.
- Prospective candidate must be available and willing to commence work immediately.
- Applications sent in the required format will be considered and only short listed candidates will be contacted.
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant positions.