International Medical Corps (IMC) is recruiting suitable candidates to fill the following vacant positions below:
- Warehouse Officer
- Logistics Assistant – Maiduguri
- Logistics Assistant – Abuja
- Fleet Officer
Warehouse Officer Job Vacancy at IMC
Job Title: Warehouse Officer
- The Warehouse Officer is responsible to, and accountable to the Logistics Manager for coordinating, control, accounting, monitoring and distribution of all goods in the warehouses, office, guesthouses and field locations as required. This includes ensuring proper stock keeping records, effective use of space available, and coordination with various departments including programs and procurement on storage requirements. With continuous need for goods and supplies to various locations this position will demand a highly motivated, detail oriented individual who will be able to solve challenges as they arise.
With particular responsibilities identified as:
- Stock Management/ Warehousing
- GIK Management
Essential Duties a nd Responsibilities
- Proactively manage the tracking of all project supplies, equipment, material and food in transit, through its receipt, storage, and onward distribution to include providing input on the location and negotiation of contracting for storage/warehousing that is secure, well-maintained, and meets health and safe working practice requirements.
- Manage the supply chain ensuring that Program staff are well-informed and well-prepared for incoming goods and material. Ensure timely reporting on stock status, to help Program staff with planning of stock replenishment and that tracking through to the end-user has occurred. Advise and support Program staff to verify that distribution has occurred according to the intentions and plans of your supervisor, donors, IMC, and project partners.
- Assist with the management of all matters logistics relating to warehousing and stock management; receipt and dispatch, providing copies of deliverer documents to logistics team for data entry and clearance / way bills, SIV, GRN and related relevant documents, plan and project appropriate warehousing space for commodities, ensure all stores are well maintained, minimum stock levels kept, etc.
- Complying with IMC Logistics Guidelines on management and security of warehouse and stored commodities, including the maintenance, security, inspection, proper storage, inventory and accounting of goods.
- Support delivery of goods to institutions, field warehouses or distribution points including preparation of internal distribution records, Donation Letter or IMC Waybill.
- Coordinates the inventory and accounting system through use of stock cards (bin cards) and a warehouse ledger; All Goods Receipt Notes (GRN) confirming quantities received in stock based on Packing List, Waybill, Donation Letter (i.e. GIK Form) or similar, and should note damaged or missing items; Goods Issue Order (GIO) signed by an authorized manager confirming items issue approval and signed by the person who received released goods; and Waybills with transporter’s signature as confirmation of quantities received from transporter into warehouse, or received by transporter to be transported from the warehouse.
- Manage the maintenance of accurate filing systems, with documented and supported records of actions for audit purposes.
- Produce weekly and monthly logistics reports for Asset, warehouse/Stock management and GIK to field logistics Officer, in-country management team, and Global logistics pursuant with IMC policies and procedures.
- Be flexible and manage your time accordingly, to be prepared to tackle other tasks commensurate with your role, and level of experience, at short notice.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Degree in Administration, Sciences, or related discipline.
- Certificate or Diploma in Logistics or related field.
- Must have 3-5 years of experience and managing large scale NGO logistical functions.
- High computer literacy level with expected proficiency in Word, Excel, PDF, and Internet.
- Ability to work independently, take personal initiative, and multi-task including strong facilitation skills in an ever-changing dynamic operational environment
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Experience in facility management with regards to managing multiple locations at the same time.
- Ability to coach others and work in a team environment with experience in conducting training.
- Commitment to and understanding of IMC’s aims, values and principles.
- Ability to read, write, analyze and interpret, technical and non-technical in the English language
- Ability to effectively present information and respond appropriately to questions.
- Ability to speak English and Hausa
Application Closing Date
20th January, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications to the Human Resource Officer, International Medical Corps via the email: email@example.com
- Candidates MUST state the position that they are applying for as the subject of their email, otherwise applications will not be considered.
- Application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document.
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant positions.